Twist In The Tale: VNIT Ragging

Our #-Link-Snipped-# evoked lot of rave comments from readers, especially students & alumni of VNIT. Students have informed that the actual troublemakers were the 3rd year students who didn't listen to their seniors. Few of the comments are mentioned below -

I am a student of VNIT and no such thing happened. The 3rd years who filed complaint are regular trouble makers and are involved in many acts of indiscipline. The final year students tried to convince them to stop creating troubles but these people won’t listen to anybody. [​IMG]

---

I think the things are little bit shady, its hard to believe that final year students can rag 3rd tear students(a whole hostel). As far as i have seen 3rd year students are most powerful community in any college. If there were 1st or 2nd year student, then it would be easy to believe. I am not saying that they should not be punished. If they have done it, then this is right punishment for them. But in my view investigation should be done more deeply.

---

first let me tell you that all the third years who were beaten up were frequent troublemaker of the college. They are involved in almost al the bad activities of the college. Starting from eveteasing , beating up police to threatening juniors and beating them up. One of the guy was himself rusticated from college for a year for ragging a junior. Their nuisance was getting to such heights that people got really saturated . Its not that the fianl years did not try to explain them in a civilised manner. After many attempts to make these brainless idiots understand , all the final years make them understand once and for all. There were not just 6 or 10 final years. there were around 100 final years. Now tell me , out of those 100 final years, you think everyone wouldnt have the sense to feel that beating those certain troublemakers is wrong unless its very much required??? All the accused 6 are highly career oriented . All of them are placed in companies like Bajaj , BHEl, UHDE,. Two of them are general sec of the college and the Acad Sec of the college, One of them is the President of BAJA INDIA of our college. Whereas all theose third years arent good at anything except making trouble in college activities. Inshort you can term them as “GUNDAS” of VNIT.. thats all I have to say

---

1. The incident is widely believed to be group violence rather than ragging. 2. There were no silly stunts like standing on head. This isn’t a circus guys! 3. The incident didn’t go on for 2 hours. Things came under control much quicker. 4. The victims here were no kids new to such things. They too had a long list of complaints against them. 5. Not all third years were targeted, only certain people were targeted due to specific personal issues(although this too is  condemned by the college through adequate punishment of the accused). 6. It was a 2 sided violence, just that the 3rd years were outnumbered. Both parties were equally responsible.
Also, it is said that some of the 3rd year students are using bureaucratic pressure from relatives to make this look like ragging, so that the accused get maximum punishment.

---

The fresh stories we've been hearing from various sources (newspapers, friends of friends etc.) point that the 'victims' got punished and have been disqualified from jobs and campus recruitment. From all the sources that are covering the news we conclude that - 1. There was a group violence which involved third and final year students at VNIT 2. It was definitely NOT a ragging activity and shouldn't be considered one. 3. The punishments to the guilty should not be governed by anti-ragging policy of VNIT and anti-ragging law. 4. Final year students were trying to give third year trouble makers a piece of mind, which led to violence between the students.

We'd like to hear your views and opinions on the issue.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here we are today, still wasting time in traffic jams, stuck in a pressurized cabin for long hours in flights. For the speed that was promised to us in many...
Since the last decade, scientists all over the world have come up with many automated traffic administration schemes. These systems claimed to provide better traffic management and penalty to the...
We all have, I am sure, faced difficulties in understanding the regional language when we go to some other state or country. In India itself, we have so many different...
While I was going through one of the forums, I found out that someone had a difficulty in understanding how exactly a processor works as a multi-core processor. I will...
Maruti Suzuki has surpassed all the technological innovations by inventing a flying Maruti 800 car which will be featured at Aero India 2011. The fest will be commencing on 9th...