Turning Your Final Year Project Into A Business Venture

While 8/10 projects I notice are simply copy-pastes of earlier projects, there are always new projects that turn innovative ideas into reality. I'm wondering whether students with innovative final year projects are considering turning their projects into business ventures with a startup. If yes, we would like to know about your project and your plans and if you need any help, we'll be happy to help you get started. Looking forward to your responses.

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    The_Big_K
    While 8/10 projects I notice are simply copy-pastes of earlier projects, there are always new projects that turn innovative ideas into reality. I'm wondering whether students with innovative final year projects are considering turning their projects into business ventures with a startup. If yes, we would like to know about your project and your plans and if you need any help, we'll be happy to help you get started. Looking forward to your responses.
    If the Thread is read by an Indian student dear K, I would love to elaborate the hierarchy in following way.

1) There are Phd, Mtech professors, Lecturers in the departments. Generally M. Tech Lecturers handles Final year Project. They are invariably Phd. Aspirant or some are registered PHD. They need to work on 'papers' so they pass on the Idea to the students and sort of make it mandatory for the students to work on their area of interest.

2) In the final Semester Students are all geared up for placements, few are already placed. So the charm for a great project is just not there.
    3) The semester duration( removing all holiday's) is almost 3 months.
    4) More than the work, output is considered to be important.

Then you have a bangalore and hyderabad crazyness, student has to go there to collect it! That leaves 2 months. Than there are internals and final year freaking outs, which leaves hardly couple of weeks for the project.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Once we started a new venture called "Invent and Earn", we used to conduct project exhibition and used to sponsor great projects with 25,000/- cash prize. for 4 projects of different departments we used to give that prize. There used to be Lectures on Career and Entrepreneurship guidance.

We had to abandon that event simply because there were no takers.
    Every student ( well sorry, 98% of them) are just too keen to finish his BE and join the company.

Do our students at all know what is a startup? I doubt.
    Our Society has just not yet matured from Brit culture of "work for somebody" to be on the safer side. I doubt , there will be too many readers of such creative threads. "Its give me a break! Give me all!" kind of thing now!
  • magnatron
    magnatron
    The_Big_K
    hm that's nice, iam posting a lot of my small creations in the forum. (if you notice the lab section) i qould love to turn one of my creation for business. i love practical thingies 😀.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    magnatron
    hm that's nice, iam posting a lot of my small creations in the forum. (if you notice the lab section) i qould love to turn one of my creation for business. i love practical thingies 😀.
    You have completed your final year magnatron!!!! but you can always start!!
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    i'm a mechanical doing final year, going to proceed a project

# Team of 4 people
    # Got "A Company" for Project
    # It is a horn manufacturing company site==>Home - Roots Group of Companies
    # decided to make slight changes in assembly line...

will that do....
    Home - Roots Group of Companies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[video=youtube;q3b94kFBah8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3b94kFBah8&feature=relmfu[/video] The movies you quote, the songs you listen repeatedly, the activities you love. Now there is a new class of social apps that let you express who you are...
CEans, I was recently invited to visit Israel - the country that's always in the news for conflicts. The purpose of our trip was to explore the other side of...
Persistent Systems is one of the leading IT companies operating in India with offices located in Pune, Nagpur, Goa, Hyderabad and other cities around the world. Persistent has been hiring...
Power Cannot Be Expressed Unless MisusedI believe the statement speaks for itself. We have seen multiple examples in past where people in power have done more harm than good. What...
Ask a wanna-be entrepreneur about the ethics that he/she will follow in her business and you get blank faces. Is Business with ethics a far-fetched dream? Is it impossible or...