Turn Your Toothbrush Into A Game Controller With Playbrush

Encouraging tooth brushing habits in kids is a hard job. Even if you somehow coax them into brushing their teeth twice a day, you aren’t particularly sure if they are doing it for the dentists recommended two minutes and in the proper manner. To make sure children between the ages of 4 and 10 brush their teeth properly every time, a British start-up has conceptualised and created the Playbrush. The Playbrush is a small hardware that fits with any conventional toothbrush and turns it into a game controller for a smartphone game. Inside Playbrush, we find a couple of motion sensors that monitor your brushing behaviour. The Playbrush hooks up to your smartphone with the help of Bluetooth 4.0 (Low Energy) and it can be charged wirelessly.

Playbrush

Playbrush have developed the game for iOS devices and is planning to build the Android version of the game as a stretch goal of its funding on Kickstater. The game rates your brushing performance on duration, accuracy and regularity. It displays instructions to the players to brush properly. Playbrush is waterproof and it also acts as a stand for your toothbrush. Since it is just an attachment for your toothbrush you do not have to buy multiple Playbrushes for your entire family. Unlike other smartphone-connected toothbrushes such as the $220 (13716 INR) Oral-B Electric toothbrush, the Playbrush is quite cheap. If you are an early backer of the Playbrush on Kickstarter you can get one for as low as 49 Euros (3240 INR). If the team manage to secure funding of 35000 Euros in the next 23 days, they will put the Playbrush into production and ship it to backers by December 2015.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Matthaeus
    Matthaeus
    Please support us and back us on Kickstarter: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Law enforcement and cyber firms across the world joined hands to take down a notorious botnet that had managed to infect 770,000 computers across the world. The botnet titled Simda...
There are moments in life when you do want to go back in time just to alter something! Well I have literally watched all the videos that I could locate...
Hi Everyone, I see so many posts here by fresh engg. graduates about software testing vs development career career related questions. This post is just about my perspective of both...
Google Inc. has launched a new Handwriting Input app on Google Play store. As the name suggests, it lets you enter text using your own handwriting. What's so impressive about...
Quote: Robots have already revolutionized medical device manufacturing [3], but now they're coming out of the factory and into the clinic. Valued at $1.8 billion in 2013, the market for...