Turn Web Cam Into Gesture Recognition Device

hi,
I want to know about how to interface with web cam.. as by using our web cam, we can just watch our surrounding object and take images..but how to turn a web cam into gesture detection device. Or simply how to process real time video content..Is there any library or framework available.?
Please help me.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# has done some eye-popping work in this domain. Tagging him to tell you how it's done.
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    junaidzubair
    hi,
    I want to know about how to interface with web cam.. as by using our web cam, we can just watch our surrounding object and take images..but how to turn a web cam into gesture detection device. Or simply how to process real time video content..Is there any library or framework available.?
    Please help me.
    I m currently working in this domain! (Computer Vision)😀
    You can use Home - OpenCV, also there is www.aforgenet.com(in case of VB/C#) which allows video processing! To turn webcam into gesture recognition device, you need to learn/know various algorithms like template matching, sift etc. and then apply the same through programming!
    I have used OpenCV library for my project, also some of the basic algorithms are readily available as built-in function in this library.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How can I switch from a 12v DC source to a 9v DC source? Something like an automatic transfer switch? The main source is the 12v. If the 12v goes...
What are the differences between Data Administrator (DA) and Database Administrator (DBA) roles in any organization?
It's been just over a week since Google announced its plans to extend Fiber to the City of Violet Crown, Austin, Texas and we already know where to next. Provo,...
Moborobo allows you to manage your Android device from your PC with ease. You can backup/restore contacts, SMS and Apps; send/receive SMS from PC; download Apps, wallpapers & themes; sync...
please let me know the site where i'll get all electrical formula list. Anirudha