Turn off laptop screen/Schedule computer shut down trick

Trick 1:
Useful for laptops where you don't have a button to power down your laptop screen unlike desktop monitors.

1) Download this small (69kb) program #-Link-Snipped-#. Run it when you need to power down your screen (to save energy, prolong monitor life span etc).

2) You may create a shortcut key (Ctrl + Alt + M for example) for this by creating a shortcut for TurnOffLCD.exe, right click shortcut -> Properties and assign a shortcut key there.

Trick 2:
If you want to schedule your computer to shut down in X seconds...

1) Go to Start -> Run. Type in 'shutdown -s -t 120' and press Enter.

2) Your computer will shut down in 120 seconds. Change 120 to any number (in seconds) you like

For more computer tips and tricks, visit TheSimplest.Net 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello people! i wish to study the behaviour of IR sensors on detecting the IR LED light. can someone help me out?please.😕
Facebook folks are completely rewriting their mail product. Internally, the project is called as the project Titan. Facebook mail will have POP/IMAP access, meaning you will be able to download...
Hello!!Could you please help me to know that, whether IIt ,delhi is offers any training/project to other univ. students? if they allows ,then what are their specifications?😕
Hi guys..! Just Now I came to know that... Tomarrow, i.e on 6-2-2010, there are Campus Interviews conducting in EVM college of Engineering and Technology, Guntur, A.P. More than 20...
Hi.. I am trying to design a website(college project) for managing smart gadgets like ipod ,mobile phones etc. Vision is to provide an online monitoring system to the users to...