Turing Test passed by a Computer ! - Amazing

So, yes, you heard it right, Turing test was passed by a computer, as he fooled a bunch of researchers that they were actually chatting to a 13 year old boy.

Read more here : A Computer Program Has Passed the Turing Test For the First Time

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just read the story. But I'm not excited. Can someone explain why is this news so important and why is cracking the Turing test a big thing?

PS: I can obviously go and read about it on Wikipedia; but all I'm looking for is a small explanation. 😀
  • avii
    avii
    ^simply put, it means the computer is as intelligent as humans. can make decisions on own and act accordingly.

Computer is dumber than the dumbest human, even if he has -ve IQ.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    #-Link-Snipped-# What excites me is, with this, we can also expect the famous P NP problems solved. They have always been in news, various organizations have put up bounties for people to solve it.

Research it..

PS : I would've given all links here, but having exams :/
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Check this out:

#-Link-Snipped-#

I have had my reservation about this story since the day it came out. It's not the first time I am hearing this, plus it wasn't even the "original" turing test! I agree with what the article says, chatbots have been there for a long time and most of them have manged to deceive people before!
  • avii
    avii
    Sanyam Khurana
    What excites me is, with this, we can also expect the famous P NP problems solved.
    How?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    avii
    How?
    I'm not sure, but I think now we're one step closer to solve that.
  • avii
    avii
    Sanyam Khurana
    I'm not sure, but I think now we're one step closer to solve that.
    Do you understand what is the meaning of P vs NP problem? 😛
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    avii
    Do you understand what is the meaning of P vs NP problem? 😛
    hmm...yes. But I'm not sure, may be I'm wrong about it.

but yes I know about P NP problems.

May be you can help me learn more 😀
  • avii
    avii
    Sanyam Khurana
    hmm...yes. But I'm not sure, may be I'm wrong about it.

but yes I know about P NP problems.

May be you can help me learn more 😀
    There is a jar filled with many different chocolates. You can verify whether your favorite chocolate is there or not, by simple Yes, my chocolate exists or No. But can you find it?

Son, this is the P vs NP problem.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    avii
    There is a jar filled with many different chocolates. You can verify whether your favorite chocolate is there or not, by simple Yes, my chocolate exists or No. But can you find it?

Son, this is the P vs NP problem.
    Yeah, I know, P are the problems that can be solved in Polynomial time, and NP refers to non-deterministic Polynomial time.

And as far as I've read , they are related to turing machine, so I thought may be the famous mystery question about them would be solved.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everybody when i was searching on google this was the first site where I found word "DISCUSS" so i join this. i want to get more information about Automobiles....
Supercomputer Eugene Goostman developed by Vladimir Veselov and Eugene Demchenko has become the first ever machine to pass the Turing Test. As you might be aware Turing Test is a...
BSNL or Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has tied up with Pantel Technologies Private Limited and launched a new phone called the 'Bharat Phone' at a price of Rs. 1,099 in...
Quote: From bloodletting to sticking radioactive material up someone’s nose, there have been plenty of questionable medical practices--and devices to support them--in the past. Here are 10 of examples of...
https://www.designnews.com/lecture-c....custm.cecbla6314Canon#lecture_track_cgid_245