CrazyEngineers
  • yogeshbedekar
    yogeshbedekar

MemberJul 15, 2011

Turbo Machines

I intend to carry out a research based project on Turbo Machines especially for CNG vehicles, I wanted to know the amount of the gas being dispersed in an IC engine, I intend to know the flow rate of the gas. Also if I am not wrong the gas gets dispersed at atmospheric pressure, so what type of pressure regulators are used which have the capacity of turning down the pressure ratio of whopping 200 :1 ?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • ShrinkDWorld

MemberJul 16, 2011

CNG vehicles?? will you please explain it ?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • yogeshbedekar

MemberJul 22, 2011

CNG vehicles... Compressed Natural gas driven vehicles.....i intend to carry out a a soultion to the problem faced in turbochargers which is turbolag......so wanted the related information..
    Cancel
  • gohm

MemberJul 28, 2011

There is no uniform flow rate of injectors in an ICE. It will vary not only by engine build, but individual unit mapping and power curve anf a/f ratio results wanted (hp/tq via dyno). Modern engines even self adjust based on load applied and octane level of fuel used.
    Cancel
  • yogeshbedekar

MemberJul 31, 2011

I appreciate your reply, I actually wanted to know roughly the gas injection rate when an engine of 1.2 L is running at max throttle and at peak RPM.
    Cancel
  • gohm

MemberAug 2, 2011

That's actually what I was referring to, it will totally depend on the individual fuel mapping that determines that. If you have a specific 1.2L engine in mind, then that flow rate average could be researched.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register