Turbo C vs GCC

Which compiler is better for C/C++ ?

Turbo C or GCC of Linux........

😒 😒

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Well according to me turbo c is quite better..no doubt GCC supports many languages but personally if you want to work on c++ Programs then go for turbo c
  • krunal_p
    krunal_p
    Until now,

i have used turbo C but for doing some advance GUI programming GCC is perfect.
    You can insert STL, Xlib in it.

You can create Java like GUI-AWT programming in it.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    TurboC is better for basic level programming where as gcc is better for advanced level programming
  • callyD
    callyD
    GCC is regularly developed/maintained and it confirms with the standard. It is fast and simple.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Turbo C is a good compiler but only when u r doing basic C/C++ programs....but as u said if u want to develop a GUI application GCC is preferable...
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Turbo C is only good for basic programs.For big projects i haven't seen people using turbo c..there are many other tools which can be used with gcc.In gcc u can actually do lot of things which are not possible on turbo c.
  • prasath_amd
    prasath_amd
    If you are using only windows, they try Dev-C++ it uses mingw(a port of gcc for windows) as its compiler and can be configured to use any gcc-compatible compiler. Although the Dev-C++ project isn't updated nowadays it is one of the best compilers for doing basic-intermediate level & GUI-based C/C++ programming on windows.

I don't know if gcc can be installed as a standalone compiler and can be used from the command line on windows.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What are jsp struts?If anyone give me some easy to understand introduction..then it will be easy for me to understand it and learn waiting for replies😀
i am a third year electrical engineering student. i am planning to do some good project. kindly present me some idea.
A guy phones up his Boss, but gets the bosses' wife instead. "I'm afraid he died last week." she explains. The next day the man calls again and asks for...
I have just finished reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and found it very interesting. The novel is based on two dreamers dreaming of treasure is inspired from Jorge Luis...
Hello, CE's any knows code JSP CODE FOR SOCKET programming .......please inform me