Troubleshooting OS installation, possibly a hardware error

Hi there !

So, I was installing Ubuntu via USB stick on my desktop. (Actually started desktop after like 6-7 months).

The USB giving me installation option and running a live environment of Ubuntu, I chose to install it on my hard drive, but unfortunately, after clicking on install, all I see is a black screen, with my mouse on it, I can hover the mouse but nothing happens.

First I thought may be it would take some more time, so, now I've given it some more time like it's switched on from half an hour but that black screen doesn't goes away.
Two times, my desktop got into hibernate mode because of this.

What I probably think the error is because?

May be I feel there's a defect with my Hard Disk, may be it's life is over.

So, what do you think possibly the error be? or it would need some more time (I don't think so.... it never takes so much time)

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    It looks like Hard Disk problem. You could cross-check whether it is hard drive problem or not. Unplug hard drive & then insert live usb & enter into live environment, if all goes fine then it is hard drive problem. If some error pops, there might be problem in creating live usb which crashed the installer daemon.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    The problem is with Hard Disk detection, it's a SATA 80 GB hard disk, may be the I need to change the cables, or the hard disk.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, I am thinking about a hybrid car. Its front wheel will be powered by an engine and rear wheels will be powered by an electric motor. If anybody...
Google's Advanced Technologies and Projects (ATAP) division has unveiled a developer edition tablet for its 3D mapping initiative, Project Tango. As you might be aware Google had announced details about...
Hello friends I have an idea regarding braking system. Emergency braking system :- it is a braking system which work in case of emergency brake. A piece of rubber(2*2 ft)...
Hydraulic or electrical jack should be fixed near to all wheels of car. So that you have to just push a button and car will be lift automatically. Save your...
How to get started in Django?