Trolley Design In Assembly Line(packing Section)

Any one can help me in Design Explanation for a trolley in packing section on assembly line of HORN, in which two is kept in a single box of different type, which is assembled in different time period ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

Any one having knowledge help

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Unfortunately, the quesstion is ambiguous. What is HORN? Is this an automobile horn that one honks or horn of a public address loudspeaker or a musical instrument?
    What is meant by 'two is kept in a single box of different type, which is assembled in different time period'?

It may help people to be more forthcoming if they know what exactly is needed.
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    /Sorry, but thank you for your help on ambiguous/
    It is an Automobile Horn, and its type "windtone" having two horns in a same box and of different type,
    1.Low tone(background tone)
    2.High tone(sharp tone)
    And assembled in different time period on a single day.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Thanks for that. However, what is the problem? Do you want to ensure that the box does not end up with two of the same kind of horn? Can they be packed in unit containers of different colour? Or just put in polybags of different colours? Where does trolley design come into this?
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    After finishing the assembly, inspection & QA (Quality Assurance).
    The Horn have to be dispatched by packing in a Mastor Carton
    An Horn Box Contain 2 Horn

its type "windtone" having two horns in a same box and of different type,
    1.Low tone(background tone)
    2.High tone(sharp tone)
    And assembled in different time period on a single day.
    totally 750 horn box per day= 1500 horns
    packing is done by placing the boxes on a wooden table, and I taught of putting it on a trolley for easy handling.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    You will need to design the castors(wheels), the table top and the members (legs and supports).
    What is the weight of these horns? How many will be on the trolley at a time? What materials do you propose to use?
    Depending on your load demands you can usually go to a hardware and select castors (wheels) so suit your load demands. For example, if you gop to the hardware you may find a castor that has a load capacity of 250N or lbs or whatever. You will need castors that will swivel, at least 2 for the back of the trolley where you will be pushing and also you will need castors whose wheels can lock so the trolley does not get away from you while loading.
    The trolley should be about waste high i think.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    thank you for your help.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    What we do is to place a suitable sized wooden or plastic pallet on a standard trolley for the intended load and master carton size.. As CE D says above choose one for the intended maximum load. There are dozens of trolleys already available in the market. If one of them fits, better buy that than design and fabricate one, unless you want to do it for the heck of it.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Ok thank you sir๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜
  • Sachin Krishnan
    Sachin Krishnan
    hi..i have to design a trolley for the assembly line of a compactor..
    the problem is the engaging and disengaging of the linkages when engaged in the conveyor..can any1 sujest a solution.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Sachin Krishnan
    hi..i have to design a trolley for the assembly line of a compactor..
    the problem is the engaging and disengaging of the linkages when engaged in the conveyor..can any1 sujest a solution.
    sure thing
  • Sachin Krishnan
    Sachin Krishnan
    zaveri
    sure thing
    do u hav any design for trolley wit u?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guyz, pls get me some details on where i can do advanced automation courses in India, i am a diploma holder in mechatronics
A mega project it is! Indian Railways has started giving out contracts to different companies to do the prefeasibility report regarding the construction of rail lines for bullet trains connecting...
hi evry1 am doin my b.e mechanical engineerin 3 rd yr am plannin to do a mini project in automobile sector i cant get any idea so can som1 help...
What are the software used by mechanical engineers apart from AutoCAD? Can you list out the names and the use of it? Also,tell me where it is used๐Ÿ˜‰
I want to simulate cbpr protocol in adhoc networking. What is stable or most used version of network simulator. I am new to linux environment. I dont know anything regarding...