Transportation engineering-Question bank

1. Explain briefly the various planning surveys to be carried out for planning a highway system for a region.
2. What are the recommendations of Jaykar Cmmittee regarding the road development in India? How did these were fulfilled by the Govt. of India?
3. Enlist the various traffic studies that are normally carried out and discuss any any one in detail.
4. Why we are using Traffic signs ?Explain different Traffic signs with their sketches.
5. Explain on-street and off-street parking.
6. What are the different factors to be consider in the design of road lighting ?
7. Explain the following with respect to Traffic Engg.
i)PIVE Theory
ii)Origin and Destination study
iii)PCU
8. Enumarate the types and purpose of curbs.
9. What are the various factors which affects road user characteristics?
10. It is proposed to align two lane highway in an urban area , it was necessary to provide a horizontal circular curve of radius 300m . The design speed of vehicle is 90Kmph.Length of wheel base of largest truck = 6.1 m. Design the following geometric features:-
i)Super Elevation
ii)Stopping Sight Distance
iii)Intermediate Sight Distance
iv)Extra-Widening

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    11. Give the analysis of overtaking Sight Distance. Comment on overtaking
    zone.
    12. Enumarate the factors affecting the designing of pavement.
    13. Explain the following
    i)ESWL
    ii)CBR Method of Pavement Design
    14. Enumarete the different methods carried out for testing of aggregate.
    15. The overtaking and overtaken vehicles are 70 and 40 Kmph, respectively on
    a two way traffic road . If the acceleration of overtaking vehicle is 0.99 m/sec2
    i)Calculate safe overtaking sight distance
    ii)Mention the minimum length of overtaking zone
    16. Write short notes on the following
    i)Emulsion and Cutback
    ii)WBM
    17. What are the different equipments available for excavation ?
    18. Explain Pneumatic Tyred Roller and Sheeps foot Roller in brief with .
    19. What are the different teqniques available for bituminous pavement
    construction.
    20. 20:-What are the different types of failure in flexible pavement?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    1. Enumarate the factors affecting the selection of site for a bridge .
    2. Explain how the bridges are classified .Comment on the numbering of bridges.
    3. What is Skew Bridge ?Explain why it is not adopted in bridging major river
    4. What are the difference between a Deck and Trough type bridge
    5. What are the classification of bridges? Differtiate between permanent and temporary bridges
    6. Derive the relationship for economic span of a bridge and comment on its limitations
    7. Enumarate various loads and forces acting on a bridge.
    8. Write short notes on bridge foundation .
    9. What factors influences while deciding the choice of type of pile? Describe different types of piles which are used for the foundation of bridges?
    10. Explain the design criteria of abutment.
    11. What are the bridge bearing? Discuss their stability.
    12. Explain the following terms
    i)Clearance
    ii)Skew Bridge
    iii)Design Discharge
    13. Why regular maintenance of bridges is necessary? What will happen if it is not done properly and timely?
    14. What points should kept in mind while inspecting suspension bridges?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TCS is hiring in full swing and visiting campuses for hiring candidates in December - January. Those who are looking for detailed recruitment procedure - here's it: To be taken...
R.C.C Circular Water Tank. Q. 1) The R.C.C. overhead circular water tank has an internal diameter 7.5m and height of wall is 4.0 m. The base slab of tank is...
The CE T-Shirts are execellent. see them here https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/38327-quick-look-your-ce-t-shirts.html Thanks for the wonderful gift. Nice looking T-Shirts.
Apple has officially lunched iPad in India. The much awaited tablet from iPad has been made available for bulk buyers (corporates) and the individual buyers like you and I will...
Here's a detailed review of Nokia C3-01 - Nokia C3-01 Detailed Hardware, Software, Features Review & Price - CrazyEngineers