CrazyEngineers
  • Hello CEans!

I hope someone will help me fix this. The .png images with a transparent background doesn't work in IE 6.0.

Internet explorer retains the background as "white" instead of the under laying image. This however works perfect with I.E 7 (Beta) and Firefox.

I checked it with Safari (iMac). Works perfect.

Now, does anyone know how to fix this? I think the problem is with gamma rendering. I'm not really skilled in Photoshop though 😁

-The Big K-
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 9, 2006

I was expecting a fast reply. 😲

Anyway. I found out a workaround to handle the problem.

The discussion thread will remain open if anyone wants to add to it.

-The Big K-
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • xheavenlyx

MemberOct 9, 2006

You were being very optimistic 😛

Ihad to wait 4 days to get 5 replies!!! lol, anyway I dont really use IE6, dont like it, not 7 cuz its very heavy.

If you want anything done on photoshot, let me know. Im putting up my artwork on davient art soon.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 9, 2006

xheavenlyx
    You were being very optimistic 😛

Ihad to wait 4 days to get 5 replies!!! lol, anyway I dont really use IE6, dont like it, not 7 cuz its very heavy.

If you want anything done on photoshot, let me know. Im putting up my artwork on davient art soon.
    Davient art! 😁 Great!

The problem I guess has been solved by using a workaround. Btw, why don't you design a mascot for CrazyEngineers? 😉

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberSep 7, 2007

Oh, what's the workaround, Big K?

And you guys are talking about Deviant Art right? I was wondering for a second if there was another one called Davient 😛 xheavenlyx, please tell us your username there, we wanna check out your artwork!
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorSep 7, 2007

• Use Firefox [​IMG] (kidding)
    • Use AlphaImageLoader filter. Check
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/filter/reference/filters/alphaimageloader.asp
    -The Big K-
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberSep 7, 2007

Hmmm, even I have noticed this issue with IE. All PNG images made are not properly rendered transparently, they show up as this dull grey on the site in IE.

I stopped using two things after that -
    1. IE
    2. Transparent images
    Kidding. Are you meaning web beacons biggie?
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register