transmitting something new

why don't we try to transmit a smell through a cable as we transmit a data or voice from one place to another.i want to work my project on this is there anybody can suggest me some idea

Replies

• akash.kasina
    akash.kasina
    may be we can transmitt them using normal pipes as smell is a form of gas right!!!!😉
  • akash.kasina
    akash.kasina
    but may
    akash.kasina
    may be we can transmitt them using normal pipes as smell is a form of gas right!!!!😉
    but we must have such tubes or other transmission media such that they wont be any losses while transmission
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    No need of such expedients. Smell detection (artificial nose) technology already exists as does smell synthsizer as a computer peripheral.
    Just make a smell detector peripheral and transmit the data digitally and let the synthesizer peripheral recreate the smell at the receiving end.
    Downside: hackers may raise a stink throughout the internet.

Electronic Nose
    Ismell
  • akash.kasina
    akash.kasina
    bioramani
    No need of such expedients. Smell detection (artificial nose) technology already exists as does smell synthsizer as a computer peripheral.
    Just make a smell detector peripheral and transmit the data digitally and let the synthesizer peripheral recreate the smell at the receiving end.
    Downside: hackers may raise a stink throughout the internet.

Electronic Nose
    Ismell
    but what if we need to transmit such a sort of smell thats new,i.e not known to us previously!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Most smells are a mixture of a few known molecules, all of which are part of the synthesizer. The artificial nose just analyses the smell and gives the recipe. The synthesizer mixes and delivers the 'scent'. Not fully perfect yet.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    bioramani
    Most smells are a mixture of a few known molecules, all of which are part of the synthesizer. The artificial nose just analyses the smell and gives the recipe. The synthesizer mixes and delivers the 'scent'. Not fully perfect yet.
    I read about artificial nose in one magazine but never think about such synthesizer. I think its difficult to design because of various molecules used.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    bioramani
    I read about artificial nose in one magazine but never think about such synthesizer. I think its difficult to design because of various molecules used.
  • tsion
    tsion
    godfather
    yes u are right the molecules may make the transmission difficult as different noises attenuate the signal to be transmitted but, we apply modulation,encoding,amplifying , filtering techniques to separate the original signal from the noise so,I think we can use similar methods to obtain the original smell we want to transmit at the receiver end
  • tsion
    tsion
    akash.kasina
    but may
    but we must have such tubes or other transmission media such that they wont be any losses while transmission
    how far do the tubes transmit the smell?
  • tsion
    tsion
    yes u are right the molecules may make the transmission difficult as different noises attenuate the signal to be transmitted but, we apply modulation,encoding,amplifying , filtering techniques to separate the original signal from the noise so,I think we can use similar methods to obtain the original smell we want to transmit at the receiver end
  • Vivien.hugo
    Vivien.hugo
    It's very interesting idea. I've seen a thread about "store light", now 'transmit smell'.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello all, i am new in linux ,but read linux few months ago,did little practice with unix commands.I w'ld like to go ahead with linux scripting and in this i...
😎 Well I believe in cool living and hard thinking. I m a student who is at present preparing to crack IIT -JEE exam. Im always facinated by the word...
hey i need any idea abt major project in php. . . . u just give me any latest idea which is useful i dont need any dumy project for...
I have a 20 HP electric motor and its power factor is. 809.I have to make the power factor as higher as possible.so can anybody help me to find out...
Hi, I am a Mechatronics student and was thinking about an innovation as my final year project and the speed estimation through camera image processing caught my attention, but I...