Transmission Lines Are AC or DC?

is transmission lines is A.C or D.C supply?
mostly said that a.c supply has a better advantages than d.c when we consider the losses and efficiency aspects......but i also read about hvdc lines......in that topic d.c has a better advantages.......so i have a doubt about the topic.........sir,can u pls clarify the doubt?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dharaneesh
    is transmission lines is A.C or D.C supply?
    Good question; what do you think after reading the basics of electric transmissions?
  • dharaneesh
    dharaneesh
    mostly said that a.c supply has a better advantages than d.c when we consider the losses and efficiency aspects......but i also read about hvdc lines......in that topic d.c has a better advantages.......so i have a doubt about the topic.........sir,can u pls clarify the doubt?
  • mauli ganguli
    mauli ganguli
    transmission lines may be ac or dc according to their purpose. In some sectors AC transmission lines are used where as in some other DC are used. For long distances and high efficiency HVDC is preffered mostly.
  • dharaneesh
    dharaneesh
    tanq for clarifying!!!
  • dharaneesh
    dharaneesh
    hey guys can anyone tell me latest ppt topics on electrical and electronics............pls.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dharaneesh
    hey guys can anyone tell me latest ppt topics on electrical and electronics............pls.....
    Search our project ideas and seminar topics section, please. You'll find several ideas for electrical engineering projects in it. If you don't find anything, tell us the ideas you'd like to work on or think are interesting and we'll get started from there.
  • Nishant Patel
    Nishant Patel
    there are mainly two channels used to transmit information,
    transmission lines and other is waveguide..
    normally upto 3 Ghz freqn. we use Tx lines and above this freqn. Waveguides(e.g. fiber optics,waveguide for uWaves) are used..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is there any ebook freely available to learn autocad and catia. i am in 5th sem & want to learn autocad and catia.. any help would be appreciated ...
Hello everyone. this is Divya from A.E.&I. Its really nice to join this site as i am sure that am gonna enjoy the knowledge n basic learnings from all of...
I'm looking for minor projects in electrical engineering for my third year project submissions. I'd appreciate any suggestions and inputs.
I have an old crt television set; yesterday i was checking whether it is working or not, fortunately it started ... but plenty amount of ghost image i have noticed,...
Bing It On! We informed you about how Microsoft's opened a direct battle against Google with the bing it on program. It looks like Microsoft's retired the program as the...