Transient Response :help needed

Does transient response of a second order system depends upon the input magnitude ? I want to know let for unit step and 10 U(t) ,do the maximum overshoot or peak time or rise time varies ?
Thanx

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yeah it will cos the magnitude plays significant role in the magnitude of the resultant signal

And so all the final op will vary for the magnitude difference But the nature of the system like Critically damped and such are dependant on the damping rate and not on the input
  • Sparker
    Sparker
    I know magnitude plays very significant role in steady state but here I am asking if a system , let a 2nd order, subjected to different amplitude of Step Signals , does the system's rise time , delay time or settling time and also maximum overshoot will varies with magniutde or not ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A majority of the defects circuit-board assembly are caused due to issues in solder-paste printing process or due to defects in the solder paste. There are many different types of...
Ever wondered which company on the planet has the crown for filing the most number of patents in the US every year? Well, it's your old International Business Machines aka...
Hi Everyone , My question : Leave job for CAT Study OR Study with job. ????? I am aiming for CAT 2013 , Currently I am working with IBM since...
A crazy chemical Engineer who wants to make a difference
plz help urgently to print patern 1 01 101 0101 by using for loops in C .... .......................