transformer monitoring using gsm

what are the essentials to be monitored in a transformer. gsm can help to control it???

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Are you talking about the transformers are being used in substations?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    godfather
    Are you talking about the transformers are being used in substations?
    yes.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    They might monitor insulating property of oil. In some case oil becomes conductive.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    godfather
    They might monitor insulating property of oil. In some case oil becomes conductive.
    temperature, humidity, oil leakage.... is it possible to control it using gsm technique?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    To monitor all parameters is possible using GSM. But how to control all those parameters! Some electrical engineer can give us solution.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    godfather
    To monitor all parameters is possible using GSM. But how to control all those parameters! Some electrical engineer can give us solution.
    its my friends project. she is doing monitoring the transformer. but i just want to know it is possible to control it
  • amolhshah
    amolhshah
    you can control the temperature...by adding a fan to cool it down, you can even monitor the current
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    amolhshah
    you can control the temperature...by adding a fan to cool it down, you can even monitor the current
    How it is reliable to put fan with transformer?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    amolhshah
    fan to cool down oil temperature?
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    Yup one can get many parametric details of an transformers using GSM...
    It periodically sends the parametric data to the user via SMS...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    er.h3m4l
    Yup one can get many parametric details of an transformers using GSM...
    It periodically sends the parametric data to the user via SMS...
    via sms or via gprs we can get the parameters any idea about controlling that parameters?
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    we can get it via SMS...
    But we can control transformer via DUAL MODE i.e by gprs as well as gsm mode...!!!
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    er.h3m4l
    we can get it via SMS...
    But we can control transformer via DUAL MODE i.e by gprs as well as gsm mode...!!!
    how we can control it using gsm. can you explain in detail.
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    Using GSM module and following components we can produce a relay circuit which can be controlled via SMS...

1) Microcontroller 89S52/51
    2) EPROM 24C02/03
    3) IC CS5460/63 (Analog to Digital converter)
    4) LCD (16x2)
    5) Relay
    6) Crystal (11.0592 Mhz & 6 Mhz)
    7) IC 7805
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Actually controlling in the sense we have to make all the parameter's which becomes abnormal to normal. Like if heat is increased by some cooling mechanism we can cool down system. This is only very simple example but in case of transformer there may be many more parameters and to control all those parameter is might not possible. So still not sure how to control all such parameters 😕
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    er.h3m4l
    Using GSM module and following components we can produce a relay circuit which can be controlled via SMS...

1) Microcontroller 89S52/51
    2) EPROM 24C02/03
    3) IC CS5460/63 (Analog to Digital converter)
    4) LCD (16x2)
    5) Relay
    6) Crystal (11.0592 Mhz & 6 Mhz)
    7) IC 7805
    with relay, how you can control? relay is a sensing device.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    aarthivg
    with relay, how you can control? relay is a sensing device.
    i think relay is controlling device you can change it's state using some signal say microcontroller pin. 😀 we'll not going to off track will discuss about it in some other threads.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    godfather
    i think relay is controlling device you can change it's state using some signal say microcontroller pin. 😀 we'll not going to off track will discuss about it in some other threads.
    in electrical base, relay is a sensing element. it just trip the circuit, but i think you are saying something else. which i dont no
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    relay is simply used to turn on and off the device...
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    why we go for relay here, to control the transformer using gsm?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    aarthivg
    why we go for relay here, to control the transformer using gsm?
    I think if we want to add fan for cooling then to Turn ON and OFF fan we can give signal from microcontroller to relay and relay can switch the supply of fan.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    godfather
    I think if we want to add fan for cooling then to Turn ON and OFF fan we can give signal from microcontroller to relay and relay can switch the supply of fan.
    fan to cool?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    aarthivg
    fan to cool?
    yes cool down it's temperature. Isn't possible?
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    Yes its possible but not only fan we can control many Elec. Devices using GSM...
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    godfather
    yes cool down it's temperature. Isn't possible?
    i am not sure... how efficient it works. other than temperature, we have lot to consider in transformer like humidity of oil,noise, inrush current etc..
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    By making use of appropriate sensors and measuring devices it gives result in very fruitful way...!!!
  • amolhshah
    amolhshah
    One of the groups under me is doing this project here is basic detail:

In transformer phase to phase short circuit, increase in temperature & decrease in level of oil such problem frequently occurs. Due to short circuit isolator will open to protect the transformer. In our system opening of isolator will be sensed by proximity sensor (metal detector). The temperature of oil is increases due to extra load and leakage of current. The temperature sensor (RTD) senses oil temperature above the particular set point. Similarly decrease in oil level of transformer is sense by ultrasonic level sensor. After this sensor output is amplified & signal conditioned. This signal is then given to 89C51 microcontroller. According to program the data is given to the GSM modem through max 232 communication protocols. The data contains location of faulty transformer, particular number of transformer & fault of transformer. When GSM modem get detailed data then it sends a message to particular M.S.E.B office. This message then received on GSM phone in M.S.E.B. office.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    amolhshah
    One of the groups under me is doing this project here is basic detail:

In transformer phase to phase short circuit, increase in temperature & decrease in level of oil such problem frequently occurs. Due to short circuit isolator will open to protect the transformer. In our system opening of isolator will be sensed by proximity sensor (metal detector). The temperature of oil is increases due to extra load and leakage of current. The temperature sensor (RTD) senses oil temperature above the particular set point. Similarly decrease in oil level of transformer is sense by ultrasonic level sensor. After this sensor output is amplified & signal conditioned. This signal is then given to 89C51 microcontroller. According to program the data is given to the GSM modem through max 232 communication protocols. The data contains location of faultytransformer, particular number of transformer & fault of transformer. When GSMmodem get detailed data then it sends a message to particular M.S.E.B office. This message then received on GSM phone in M.S.E.B. office.
    this project is about monitoring the transformer, is it possible to control it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Concept of Natural WasteWater Treatment Systems: Ponds& Lagoons in Water & Waste Water Engineering was Explained by Prof. Ligy Philip, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to ask...
Looks as though 'connected' cars will become standard supply fairly early. https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16413809
Concept of Attached Growth Aerobic Process : Trickling filters and Rotating Biological Contractors in Water & Waste Water Engineering was Explained by Prof. Ligy Philip, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT...
Concept of Anaerobic Treatment in Water & Waste Water Engineering was Explained by Prof. Ligy Philip, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to ask your questions and please...
Concept of Anaerobic Process - UASB Reactor in Water & Waste Water Engineering was Explained by Prof. Ligy Philip, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to ask your...