Train Operators from All over the World Converge on St Pancras for WiFi on Trains Eve

With WiFi on train services spreading rapidly across the world, this summer’s 6th annual Train Communications Systems Conference, looks set to be the largest yet. The event, which is being held on the 8th and 9th of June at the newly re-opened Renaissance Hotel right above St Pancras International train station, has already attracted a cosmopolitan crowd of train companies from around the world to speak and attend (#-Link-Snipped-#).

“WiFi is a key weapon in the battle to get more passengers onto trains” says Graham Wilde, CEO of BWCS the wireless and transport consulting company hosting the conference. “The real value of WiFi services and, increasingly, of on-board entertainment services are not that the operator can squeeze a bit of loose change out of their passengers’ pockets, but that they can help fill empty seats.”

“For train companies, installing train to shore wireless connections gives them the chance to boost passenger levels, win plaudits from their customers, demonstrate a commitment to improving customer service and allows them to introduce cost-saving measures such as train engine performance monitoring.” He added.

Train Communications Systems 2011 will be dominated by real case studies presented by train operators who have launched WiFi on-board services. It will offer a chance to hear how these go-ahead companies have overcome technical, marketing and operational issues to offer passenger WiFi and help win the battle to fill empty train seats and cut operating costs.

In addition several train operators are now beginning to develop new passenger entertainment and information services based on their high-speed wireless to train connections.

Among those presenting at Train Communications Systems 2011 will be: Amtrak, Russian Railways, Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori (Italian high-speed train operator), WestBahn (Austrian Train Company), Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya, Department for Transport, UK, China Railways, Bay Area Rapid Transit, SJ Trains, VR Trains Finland, and many more.

The conference is sponsored by Icomera, Nomad Digital, the GBS Group and EURail Magazine. 21Net is sponsoring a cocktail event at the end of the first day.

Full details are available on the website #-Link-Snipped-# or via e-mail from #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my window is not genuine therefore it always show message to "make it genuine".. how can i remove this message? and i can't set wallpaper?
hello CEan's , I have done vth my B.Tech. in Comp. Science stream. Presently working in a telecom company as a switch engineer but Offrole Emp.(G.E.T.). But not satisfied with...
How come one of the interesting topic is not even opened ! [FONT="]The external loads cause tension in the bottom fibres which may lead to cracking, as shown. Reinforced concrete...
Happy Birthday dude! Enjoy! 🎉 :myparty:
Hi everyone,😛😁 I want to do my final year project on GSM BTS related field😁. I have no idea about my topic. please help me out providing project topic examples...