TRAI SMS Limit 5 Per Day - What is it?

I think you are all aware of the scheme of 5 sms/day for 15 days.what is the reason for this?is this essential?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    TRAI made this move to halt the spreading of rumor to vacate North Eastern Indians from certain states (Andhra pradesh, Karnataka, maharashtra) so this step was taken.
    The sms were containing misleading information of Assam violence.

Good thing is they haven't capped packet data transfer to 5 or 10 MB (internet surfing).

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    oh.thanks for your reply.i'm also an electronics and communication engineerπŸ˜€
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    pikachu1994
    I think you are all aware of the scheme of 5 sms/day for 15 days.what is the reason for this?is this essential?
    people misuse it. So government has to take some steps for it. Tamil Nadu government is upset regarding this issue and trying to retain the people, because their metro train work may get stopped.

But I have 2000 message free for one month scheme( rather I don't text to anyone). Will the company replace it or It will be wasted?
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    I think this is only for 15 days.also the service provider's will favour customer's regarding this
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    pikachu1994
    I think this is only for 15 days.also the service provider's will favour customer's regarding this
    I don't think so. The service provider follows the government rules. So I think they won't favor the customer.
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    anyway it is till sep1 only.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    pikachu1994
    anyway it is till sep1 only.
    True it is used to limit rumour and they will increase limit after settlement.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I guess everyone is on Whatsapp now. πŸ˜•
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Is this true for all service providers? I dont text much though!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    And, this is the reason someone called me yesterday πŸ˜›
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    English-Scared
    yes !
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    English-Scared
    Yes one of our client is in trouble with this as his automatic SMS acknowledge system has stopped working. πŸ˜‰
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Very Happy with this. No new messages in the morning and people are concentrating on work 😁
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    Yes.this is for all service providers.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    304542_298980066876581_854767736_a
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    SMS junkies use Whatsup app like #-Link-Snipped-# πŸ˜›
    (BTW it's awesome πŸ˜€ )
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    But, now it has increased to 20..
    happy with this increment..πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've never been a texting fan; so 20 is more than enough for me. The Indian Government is getting bit too serious about all the mediums of mass communication between people. Not a good thing.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    but for sms addicts it is the least...
    our 100 messages also counted less sometimes..
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Internet on mobile + custom api for online sms sender = WIN!

Though never actually required 20 even for whole month, yet I like to be a cheap ass & use web texts..haha

Its the time when your Rs.149.40 finish in 4 days, & the remaining 0.60 continues to stay for 26 days. Spending even 0.10 makes a big difference..πŸ˜›
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    yeah i too feel like that.But this limitation gives more time to spend in useful way....
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    sweet_honey
    but for sms addicts it is the least...
    our 100 messages also counted less sometimes..
    I use two sims and sometimes 300 is also less for me πŸ˜›
  • Manashree Thokal
    Manashree Thokal
    Is the count of sms unlimited for postpaid users?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi frnds hw r u naman chopra here
Actly it is smthing lyk angry bird ...in which i'll havt to project a ball in a 15 cm dia hole...and my bot can move up nd down as well...
Suppose I want to reply quoting 2 or more posts, How do i do that???
hi, i want to drive this tranceiver wit ccs compiler v4.057 ,but i cant do .this is my code .can help me?
i want to do one interesting mini project not like any management.... i know c,c++ and little knowledge about vb. pls giv sum idea