TRAI 100 SMS/Day Limit Is Justified?

The telecom regulatory authority of India aka TRAI has imposed a limit of 100 text messages (SMS) per day limit to all Indian mobile subscribers. We covered the news on VoiCE: #-Link-Snipped-# and it's received strong reactions from our readers. The move is directed at Telemarketers, but it's going to affect regular users as well. The student community is especially against this limit.

Do you think 100 SMS/day limit is justified? Justify your stand 😀

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    From my point of view it has both good and bad effects:

GOOD EFFECTS:
    1. People will slow down on the use of SMS forwards.
    2. Students will learn to utilize time (for a change).

BAD EFFECTS:
    1. For advertisements or mass SMS about a particular function or event (which occurs occasionally or weekly), SMS alerts are the best method to inform everyone.
    2. At times we may have to pass on important information to everyone in a group. At these times the SMS limitation can cause trouble.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    No....if you want to stop mass messages try something else. Make a rule of punishing companies spreading advertisements. Make DND (Do Not Disturb) more effective. But this restriction is too bad....😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just wondering whether services like SMS GupShup have been affected by this rule. I've never used SMS GupShup; but I'm aware that it's one of the most amazing service used by college students.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    It is since last 2-3 days I have followed some companies, and I have got to know that the TRAI rule can be modified. Services like way2sms are barred from this regulation. Earlier when TRAI rules were enforced a few days back, restriction like- You cannot sms people from 9PM to 9 am came in to effect. They are now lifted.
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    this act is just forcing people, specially students , to buy new sim cards and keep two cell phones. college students cant manage with 100 sms a day...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am wondering to start whats next after java ?Is it should be hibernate?Also suggest me some simple projects to begin?😐
If anyone know about software related to Electrical Engineering. So please inform me.
A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the...
Hello Friends, Can anybody list out some good search engines other than google for searching data and information over internet?
Hello , This post will contain all the puzzles from Infosys recruitment process. I will post 1 puzzle each day and solution at the end of the day.. Please try...