Traffline App Gives You Live Updates About Traffic Jams In India

Traffline short for Traffic Line, is a app designed to provide real time information on traffic jams in India. Using the Traffline app on Android, iOS or Blackberry, users can instantly check current traffic conditions in their area or route and opt for the best route to avoid road jams, check out alternate routes to their destination as well as get updates on road accidents. The app also lets users tag & share their location with friends and in turn improve the overall daily commuting experience of travelers in India. The app is currently available for Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore and soon to be expanded to oter metro cities in India.

Developed by two Mumbai-based entrepreneurs - Brijraj Vaghani and Ravi Khemani at Birds Eye Systems, Traffline offers a real-time traffic map with colour-coded lines indicating congestion, slow and fast moving traffic with details on jams, road accidents and best alternate routes available on their website and mobile app. They also have a helpline and Twitter presence for those who are not comfortable using a map interface. The app also gives alerts about incidents like onsite police activities, mass protests, road hazards and accidents, or constructions that have resulted in road blockage.

Traffline-app-1

Traffline-app-2 Traffline-app-3 Traffline-app-4 Traffline-app-5

They have also provided with instant call centre support and users can subscribe to services for live traffic alerts and updates as SMS for preferred time and route. Moreover, if you’re on active user of Twitter and arecommuting via road, you can follow their handles Mumbai @TrafflineMum, Delhi @TrafflineDel and Bangalore @TrafflineBlore. They are the fastest to share traffic updates and you can also tweet your specific queries at them for route-related information. Here is a video by them explaining the Traffline app -

In near future, a later version of the app will incorporate the facility to report violations against auto- rickshaw drivers or cabbies who refuse to ply too. You can download the Traffline app on Android #-Link-Snipped-# and on iOS #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Those who don't have a smartphone that can run Traffline app, can use this service through through web. Head over to Traffline.com and mobile website m.traffline.com.

They also have call centre support. You can dial 9223111000 to get information on traffic jams in the metro cities in India.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MediaTek, one of the popular semiconductor companies, has launched what is claims to be the world's first TRUE octa-core mobile platform. The MediaTek MT6592 System on a Chip (SOC) brings...
LiquidWeb* has announced the launch of 'Storm Private Cloud' - a new web hosting product that allows users to create a private cloud. With the Storm Private Cloud, users can...
There are many apps which provide this service, but most of them I found out to be crap. Nowadays developers are exploiting this to popularize their apps. So I decided...
I have developed a freelancing website, where client can pay through paypal but I am confused how to check client has paid for which job? System is redirecting user to...
If you are an entrepreneur or aspiring to become one, here's a book all of you should read : Dhandha: How Gujaratis Do Business (Flipkart Link) . I've been through...