Toyota to recall 2005-08 Corolla,Matrix to address issues with Engine Control Module

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Leading Japanese car maker, Toyota will recall ~1.3 million Corolla & Matrix models manufactured between 2005-2008 sold in the USA. The company said that on vehicles equipped with the 1ZZ-FE engine and two-wheel drive, there is a possibility that a crack may develop at certain solder points or on the varistor used to protect circuits against excessive voltage on the ECM’s circuit board. If a crack occurs at certain solder points or on certain varistors, the ’check engine’ light may illuminate, harsh shifting could result, or the engine may not start. In limited instances, if cracking occurs on particular solder points or varistors, the engine could stop while the vehicle is being driven.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I usually use my cellphone in an elevator/lift and I always encounter problems with my signal. My call will either be dropped or the experience poor voice quality. What are...
what are the things that i need to consider in implementing leaky cables in In-Building Solution? In the design I will not be utilizing antenna since I will replace it...
Hello friends, I try to write a program for stop watch with the help of applet(not swing) and thread. I completed to make the thread for this check out this...
For which of the following pairs of integers is the least common multiple of the integers minus their greatest common divisor the greatest? A) 3.12 B) 5.6 C) 10.20 D)...
Smith and Jones each had a salary of X dollars a year. Smith's salary was first reduced Y% (0