CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 06 Jan, 2015 • 3 likes
Toyota Kirloskar Motors managed to surprised auto-enthusiasts as it announced the new Toyota Fortuner 2015 4x4 Automatic. The premium SUV that dominates the road was expected to get an upgrade in this year; but no one really expected the announcement would be made this fast. Toyota SUV design and engineering team seems to have addressed concerns from the existing customers in their latest launch; but only to some extent. Let's inform you about the features and the price of new Toyota Fortuner 2015, 4x4 automatic.

The new Fortuner now comes with dual front airbags; for both the driver and the front passenger. From the mechanical engineering perspective, the Fortuner now has 4x4 automatic option. The earlier range only offered automatic transmission option in the 4x2 drivetrain. The exterior majorly remains the same but with smoked head and tail lamps. The fog lamps now have a silver bezel. Fortuner also has a dark-grey alloy wheel paint scheme in the latest model.

On the interior, Toyota has offered all-black interior along with dark-wood inserts. The infotainment system gets an upgrade with touch-screen display, DVD playback, built-in GPS navigation and also voice recognition. The dashboard is completely black for an extra sporty look.

Toyota-Fortuner-2015-India

In addition to the 3.0L version; Toyota's also introduced a 2.5L Fortuner; which is the same 2494cc turbo-diesel engine from Innova. The power and torque offered by the fortuner however, are significantly higher than in Innova. The engine produces 142 bhp at 3400 rpm and 34.9 kgm torque between 1600-2800 rpm. The Fortuner 2.5L isn't available in the 4x4 configuration but Toyota's compensated it with a 5-speed automatic transmission - which could be a pure marketing decision from Toyota.

The new Toyota Fortuner 2015 price list is as follows:-
  • 2.5L | 4x2 | Manual Transmission: Rs. 24,44,200 (ex-showroom, Delhi)
  • 2.5L | 4x2 | Automatic Transmission: Rs. 25,44,200 (ex-showroom, Delhi)
  • 3.0L | 4x4 | Automatic Transmission: Rs. 26,58,929 (ex-showroom, Delhi)
  • 3.0L | 4x4 | Manual Transmission: Rs. 25,58,929 (ex-showroom, Delhi)
  • 3.0L | 4x2 | Manual Transmission: Rs. 24,26,700 (ex-showroom, Delhi)
  • 3.0L | 4x2 | Automatic Transmission: 25,26,700 (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Is Toyota Fortuner 2015 the SUV to own in this year? Do let us know your thoughts, opinions and views.

Source: Toyota Bharat
@Ankita Katdare • 09 Jan, 2015 So I read the report that thanks to the increased excise duty, the base variant of Toyota Fortuner price is increased by over Rs. 2,00,000! In fact, each variant will now be costlier than what is was before the increase. ...As if year-end price increase wasn't enough.

PS: BTW, The 4x4 automatic version looks solid! Any Fortuner dreamers around here? 😍
@Kaustubh Katdare • 09 Jan, 2015 I'm waiting for the new Ford Endeavour (Everest) to launch in Indian markets. Hopefully it will come in this year.
2.3k views

Related Posts

@hitesh mundra · Jul 17, 2015

i am working as dba in noida. i got seat in cdac pg-dbda first round. i m getting salary 23k now. Is it right to join cdac now. Is there...
3.1k views

@Abhishek Rawal · Jul 15, 2014

Recently Mozilla announced its JPEG encoding library with following improvements as quoted from Mozilla blog itself The major feature in this release is trellis quantization, which improves compression for both...
1.9k views

@graphite · Jul 16, 2012

Hi.. I have completed my BE in Computers. Can we opt for the course in Cyber Law and its scope?
5.8k views

@rajshekhar k h · Mar 19, 2013

what does paper presentation mean? what are the step by step procedures to be followed in paper presentation? what are common topics on which presentation will be done?
1.8k views

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 11, 2013

So now, news has it that Bajaj might be soon launching the Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS (SuperSports) in India. Though we aren't sure if the launch date is just a...
26.8k views