Toyota adds automated steering to its pre-collision brake assist function

Quote:
The new system uses its on-board sensor to detect the risk of collision with an obstacle or pedestrian, initially warning the driver with visual and audible alerts.

Pre-collision brake assist and automated braking functions are activated when the system detects a sustained high risk of collision. In a situation where a collision is unavoidable with brakes alone and there is enough room available, it will steer the vehicle away from the hazard. Endquote

Read more: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have studied the article and all the comments were my doubts, I was not able to watch the video though!

I am still a bit worried about on what direction the car swings in order to avoid an oncoming pedestrian etc.

But as an Engineer interested in automation, I love what they have done and I am ready to test it too ๐Ÿ˜
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have studied the article and all the comments were my doubts, I was not able to watch the video though!

I am still a bit worried about on what direction the car swings in order to avoid an oncoming pedestrian etc.
    If you had watched the video you would have got the answer.Ok I will explain.The on-board sensor and the camera monitors the road and if there is any quick movement and especially in front of the vehicle the sensor first sends alarming signal to the ECU and ECU will notify the oncoming obstacle.It immediately slows down the vehicle by activating the brake.Brake alone can't avoid collision So the automatic steering is activated.By analysing the data recorded(whether the pedestrian moves from right to left or vice versa),auto steering is activated and operated.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any one correct the following code and explain... The function decode is returning a string and i want that local string to be stored in another string in main...
Hello Friends I am badly stuck with following Problem I have a Project set up on my localhost in following hierarchy www/htdocs/abl Now the Problem is I want to rewrite...
Chinese researchers have finally made a breakthrough in the wireless internet segment with Li-Fi technology, where wireless signals get transmitted via lightbulbs. These brilliantly awesome Chinese folks proposed that four...
Tapping into the smartphone and tablet market, Microsoft has today released a Remote Desktop App for Android, iOS (iPad and iPhone) and Mac which allows users to remotely access their...
Facebook iOS app update is here. With the update version 6.6, Facebook has taken a step closer to bringing all the functionality that the Facebook desktop mode offers. The latest...