Touch Screen Performance Comparison

I had compared sensitivity of three high-end devices from Apple,Samsung & HTC. I was surprised to found Apple had the best responce, compare to Samsung and HTC,ironically Samsung is one of the world-leaders in touch-screen technology,it there more to touchscreen technology than superior optical performance ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd not judge the touch-screen based only on the performance on mobile devices. It's the other hardware and software that works for every touch on the screen. I've always been a fan of Samsung's SAMOLED technology and have spotted nothing better than that! I'm yet to see the Retina display on the macs or the new iPad, so won't comment on it right away.

Talking about the technology - yes, there's a LOT more to the superior optical performance. The first is the viewing angle - does the screen support wide viewing angles? That could be a major factor in deciding the overall performance of the display.

The second is the depth of the blacks produced by the screen. Samsung's totally excelled at developing deeper blacks and both Retina and SAMOLED are almost equal in this section.

The next one in line would be the reflections and readability in the day-light. I don't have much to say about this; but I'm sure this is one of the important criteria while comparing the display performances.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I don't have enough energy to do this, 😡 I already worked hard for few weeks.😀 The problem is that I need some time to take rest, I can't just...
The old crystal radio set generated its own power. The bicycle dynamo harvests pedal power for the head light. The thermopile generates enough power for the control electronics from the...
sir i am a final year ee student.i have been given a final year project on "monitoring of power theft and informing the substation if power theft occurs and breaking...
Many of us would have this question. Themes are found everywhere, but what about theming in our own websites? We have desktop themes, wordpress themes, even themes for our mobile...
This is the second part of Easy way of Theming in Web - The Layout (Part I/II). If you haven't read this, please check it out first and come back...