TOSHIBA's Flexible LCD Screen Can Zoom in/out by bending

AT SID 2010, Toshiba amazed audience with its latest creation; paper thin LCD that can zoom in/out by bending it.

At the conference, Toshiba actually zoomed in and out an aerial photograph of Google Earth displayed on the screen by bending the LCD panel. The intuitive operation of the bendable panel was drawing attention from many engineers.

To realize this LCD panel, Toshiba developed a thin backlight unit that can be bent to a curvature radius of 50mm. It is an edge-lighting LED backlight unit whose light guide plate is as thin as 0.4mm. Also, the company developed software that zooms in and out images in accordance with the change in the resistance value of the bend sensor.

[video=youtube;NGDyxA4BPH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGDyxA4BPH4[/video]

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone.. I am a student of Mechanical engineering. I have recently developed an interest in CAD and CAE but as i am still learning, i often get stuck.That's why...
A lot is being said about Online Privacy and its protection. People are ready to quit Facebook because it didn't treat user privacy well and made users data public. However,...
Total Broadband (>= 256 kbps download) subscriber base in India has increased from 8.75 million in March-2010 to 9 million in April-2010, there by showing a growth of 2.80%. Source:...
A open source software is one which can be used by anyone without paying anything right???there are many open source software in market like fire-fox ,mysql ,linux etc but why...
As far as i know we can store only data in any database can anyone explain me how you tube stores videos? If i want to create a website that...