Torque required to rotate a set of gears

Hi everyone.
How do i know the ammount of torque needed to rotate the first gear in the grid?
(www.gearsket.ch)
The gears are not attached to a motor, and the aspect ratio between the big/small gears are 1/5 ( ach complete rotation of a big gear rotates the small one 5 times).
How do i know how many sets of (small/big gears) its possible to manually rotate the first gear ? (I am ommiting the number of teeth, module and etc, because i don't have the data)
I looking for the equations, not the result of the calculus,clues to look for this answer...
(PS.: English is not my native language, sorry any mistakes with terms...)

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You have six gear pairs in the sketch. If each pair has a ratio of 5, the total ratio will be 6x5=30.
    If the torque at top left gear is T, the torque at the bottom right gear will be T/30.
    That is all that can be said at this stage with the available information.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, everyone! I need to plug a lot of LEDs in a rubber extrusion and make them light in a determined direction. So I have a number of questions about...
Hello CEans, The biggest update in the history of CrazyEngineers is just around the corner. As we shared in February, our team is getting ready for the next CrazyEngineers, where...
Hello Friends! Which company do you recommend for a solid hands on short term training in Europe/Asia for electrical engineers(1-5 weeks)? I wish to get a solid training in one...
Huawei Honor has announced a new entry-level smartphone, the Honor 7A for its budget-conscious consumers in its home country. The handset is an incremental upgrade over the Honor 6A, its...
Google has officially confirmed the launch of smart speakers Google Home and Home mini in India on April 10. The Home and Home mini speakers have been listed on Flipkart....