Top Startup Business Mistakes - How To Avoid Them?

What according to you are the top start-up mistakes?
I gave it some thought and came up with following list:

1) Not thinking of survival.
2) Trying to do it all alone.
3) Doing it just for the money.
4) Not seeking mentors.

Let's share all our thoughts around this topic and also share the steps that can be taken to avoid them.

Expecting lots of young aspiring entrepreneurs to contribute to this thread!

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    One more I can think of is-

Forgetting about marketing and expecting customers to come to you.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    agreed with all the above mentioned points, but i would like to support this below mentioned point

Not thinking of survival,

Adopting "can do" attitude does not work in most of the cases in real world scenario
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Another mistake I see is employing the wrong people.
    A startup has to make everything work with limited no. of people. So a startup needs carefully hand-picked fresh as well as experienced talent for different tasks.
    All in one - we need the right people for the right job at the right time.
    Without them, all we are doing is wasting resources!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Doing something that you know 20 other startups are doing and having no new stuff to add to it.

I am sure you will agree with me that when you get a brilliant business idea, you go search on google about it, you find 20 or probably 50 more similar businesses already implemented & sometimes running successfully. 😁

I think there is no point in embarking in the ship which has drowned all 10 times it was sailed & when you have no clue how to prevent it from sinking.​

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I for one, feel that startup owners face severe hardships since they choose a road less travelled and it's often very difficult 'to be on our own' almost 24*7. Hundreds...
If you want to enjoy forumla 1 race status updates from the Buddh Racing track; here's how to do it - Keyword: @f1: Live status of the race Keyword: @f1.previous...
I wonder whether most of the engineers are after regular 10-5 jobs. Looks like no one is curious about entrepreneurship or willing to learn more about it. Do we not...
Yahoo is soon going to be a google company. At least there are rumors. Well a little apart from all these business activities, here are some things about Steve Jobs...
Every new website/company/NGO out there is increasing their social media presence. One extensively used platform is Facebook. Facebook Pages are the easiest way to update thousands of Fans with latest...