Too much of news and so little discussions

I wanted to write this for a while, but just was afraid to acknowledge it. I think CrazyEngineers has turned into a news site and it's missing the 'discussions'. There are no more interesting discussions on the site that will make people want to take part in. I'm not sure how are we going to change that - because it's the 'news' that's taking care of the cashflow at CrazyEngineers.

I wish to get into creating more discussions, but have already got my head deep burried in the things we've been planning to launch for the past several months. Does anyone here know how can we bring back life to the discussions?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wanted to write this for a while, but just was afraid to acknowledge it.
    Absolutely, as the TV newscasters say. Even though I myself put up some such items it is with the hope that the topic is important for discussion to start. Get disappointed most of the times. Even tried nudging "What is the CEans take on this". The fish does not take the bait.
    I do try to initiate a discussion in some cases where I feel I have something to share. That also falls flat more often than not.
    One has to keep pegging at it I suppose. There is a Tamil saying: If one keeps hitting it even a rock moves. I still have hopes. It will work out. At least some of the discussions do get into depth. CE is better than many other engineering forums, which degenerate into slanging or satire.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes, it is sort of sad to see potential hot topics die down (or not take off at all).

It has been a long running issue. We are still not reaching that "critical mass" of active members yet. But I think it's an improvement compared to years past 😀 It's good to see our frequent contributors.

#-Link-Snipped-# , do keep posting. I myself do read the forums even though I'm not logged in. Never know what impact your posts could make, if a reader later remarks to his friend in the cafe "hey, I read this cool thing on CE the other day, etc.."

#-Link-Snipped-#, keep focus on your planned launches. Every enhancement to this site will bring something positive in some way. Do what you do best and the rest will come in place eventually.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    keep focus on your planned launches. Every enhancement to this site will bring something positive in some way. Do what you do best and the rest will come in place eventually.
    I myself can't wait to see it all going live; and trust me we've been at it for the past ~3.5 years! Once it's out and we talk about what we're doing and what all happened behind the scenes; I'm sure it's going to be an interesting read 😀

We're always 'just there' but things keep on delaying out launches. As you said, it's going to change everything and I'm sure high quality discussions is going to be an interesting outcome of it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Join Cypress Semiconductor and Mouser for a one-hour webinar on how to easily design low-power wireless systems with the industry's most-integrated, one-chip Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) solution. This high...
Even before its public launch, Apple has received 2.3 million pre-orders for its Apple Watch. Noticing the immense popularity of its major opponent, Google has released a major update for...
can anyone please tell me how a program's corresponding control flow graph is converted to k-subgraph feature. Actually I want to know how the vector is derived from the k-subgraph....
Hello Sir I am new member here , i am student of Bs Computer science in 3rd year , i have to submit the proposal for my final year project...
A team of researchers led by Ashutosh Saxena, Asst. Prof. Computer Science at Cornell University, have developed a new system that can anticipate the driver's actions so that he or...