CrazyEngineers
  • Think innovation is hard? Well, it's just about finding simplest technical solutions to the most generic problems people face. With mobiles having invaded our lives, what could be a better 'must have' app to have on the phone than the 'toilet finder' app? The app does exactly as you'd expect it to - finds you the nearest, clean & usable toilet. It shows you all the public toilets on Google Map so that you attend nature's call as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the app is currently available only in Vietnam, but we'd expect it to make it to other countries soon. In Vietnam, tourists have complained about the state of the toilets across the country. This app will let you find you the better ones.

toilet-finder-app

The app's been made by Tran Diep Bang, a 17 year old guy who's not even graduated yet. He's been testing the app for the past few months and has released English & Vietnamese version on Android App store (download links below).

We like the idea and think it's incredibly useful. In fact, in countries like India - the app would be even more useful. We hope one of our CEans will take a lead and code this app. One addition we'd like to see on this app is the 'review system' - so that people can rank or rate the toilets.

Let's start collecting a list of features this app can have. Looking forward to your innovative responses through comments below.

Download: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Vietnamese Version: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Anoop Kumar

MemberJul 25, 2013

Necessity is mother of Invention. That guy must have caught in very bad situation.

But in India, need to add new feature which Toilet have least waiting time😲 ,

BTW, Bad luck Brian 😁
    3vamvu
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJul 25, 2013

LOL
    Cancel
  • Anoop Mathew

MemberJul 25, 2013

I don't think we'd ever need this app in India, except in metro cities. Read my story which has one such toilet incident: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJul 25, 2013

#wondering why I can't like above@anoopthefriend post.
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberJul 26, 2013

Its a good news to travelors all over the world who find difficult to communicate to natives to find toilet.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberJul 26, 2013

In India, we don't need toilet.Find a less populated place with trees.
    Honestly, I love India.We define Freedom. 😁
    PS : Not a sarcasm.
    Cancel
  • Anoop Kumar

MemberJul 26, 2013

I didn't find any public or govt. restrooms clean, even if you pay for it. This is more problem from general public, only 0.01 cares about not littering public places.

Any way, seeing growing number of HIGH STATUS here is solution for India with clean restrooms, 😁
    3vba68111
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register