To vote or not to vote?

We've municipal corporation elections in the region where I live and I'm thinking whether to vote or not. I know - voting is important and I ought to vote; but looking at the list of candidates, I'm not sure if I'm actually supporting the right candidate. Here are my points -
  • I've never heard anything about any of the candidates who're contesting in my locality
  • They do not have a track record of any development work
  • They have not tried to convince me to vote for them
  • They haven't told me what specific development work they'll do
  • They've relied on their party agenda and star campaigners
  • They expect me to vote in the name of the party
...and none of that appeals to me.

Should I just go and vote; because I must? What if I end up electing wrong person?

To vote or not to vote?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Born to a father, who is an Anesthesiologist and a mother, a Gynaecologist in a small town called Guna in Madhya Pradesh, Mudit Vijayvergiya, as many believed, was destined to...
Reliance Jio has announced the new 'Jio Prime' membership plan for all of its 100 million customers. Reliance head, Mr. Mukesh Ambani unveiled the Jio Prime membership details at a...
Google, alongside Microsoft’s Bing, covers almost all the search needs of daily internet dwellers. With little to no steps against the websites offering illegal, copyrighted material, anyone has an easy...
LG Electronics has announced a new smartphone in South Korea just ahead of MWC 2017. The LG X400 has started off as a South Korea exclusive and is expected to...
As we inch closer to the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017 to be held in Barcelona Spain, we are being treated with last minute teasers and tidbits by different companies...