Tip: Pay attention to language in your Résumé

CEans,

We regularly receive Résumé (pronounced "RAY-SUE-MAY", not "Re-sue-um") from students. When writing your resume, you MUST pay attention to the language. Unnecessary usage of what we call "GRE-Words" or Buzzwords is a sure shot way of ruining your first impression.

Also, instead of copying someone else's career objective, it would be nice if you honestly write your own career object, it will surely create a good impression in recruiter's mind.

Let me quote following career object written by a candidate -

Always be compliance for organization which one give me opportunity and represent myself as a best for the satisfaction of something done.
Makes no sense to me.

Most of the corporate world uses English for communication and it is very important to learn the basics of English grammar & sentence construction. Don't hesitate to get your resume reviewed from an expert.

If you have questions, ask in this thread.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need matpower program for security assessement(self healing).can u help me?
Please can some one help me with this: Required proof: A function is computable iff markov chain is recursive. Any links which provide this proof is also welcome
An Article in the Times of India says: The ongoing International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM) in the city may have created an atmosphere for highbrow mathematical discussions, but the country's...
hi ppl, I am new here ( i just joined) lol 😛... Basically, i want to study electric/electronic engineering.. so, i want to know since most engineers are guys, will...
hey everyone, i'm super new in here and i would like to know more about engineering.... 😎