Tip: Don't Fake The Accent In Interview

So here's a small common sense based tip for those who don't get it naturally -

Interview is about knowing the real you; not the fake you. English may not be your first language and it's perfectly OKAY not to have an American or British accent; unless you are applying to a BPO, Call center job that requires you to have it.

I've come across many candidates who try to impress interviewers with accent. But it never works; in fact, it works against you. Here are couple of things you can keep in your mind -

1. Don't speak faster than you'd do in your mother-tongue.
2. Don't be prompt in answering. Take your time and think before you speak.
3. Don't use long 'aaaaaaaa' in between sentences. It's irritating.

It requires practice to master this skill. But trust me, it won't take more than two weeks if you do it with seriousness.

Hope you'll find this tip useful.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not totally related, but this video should give you an idea: 😁

• Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Thank you Biggie.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys a day or two before it was late night i visited CE and i saw a message something like this, "CE needs a break, we will return in...
Hi!!!!!!!! I am Bonty Halo, 3rd year Electrical Engineering Student.
Vodafone has launched 3G services in India and I wish to know what speeds are people getting in various circles. The USB stick is available for Rs. 1600/- and the...
A short description of MiFi: MiFis are small gadgets that have no need of being plugged into anything and work similar to wireless routers. MiFis connect to a cellular carrier's...
Hayden 5 Media and Bluewater Productions team up to create the animated film based off the comic book for Mark Zuckerburg: Creator of Facebook. "When we found out that Bluewater...