Tim Urban's TED Talk [You gotta watch it!]

Here's super cool TED talk by Tim Urban of 'WaitButWhy'. There's lot of learn, so do watch it and share your thoughts below.

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Thank you for sharing this, #-Link-Snipped-#.

I did not know about this guy or his super popular blog. In this TED Talk he talks about his blog post that he wrote back in 2013. The post was titled Why Procrastinators Procrastinate — Wait But Why and it was a huge success. The TED talk is same as the above link but how he ends things is different in the TED Talk. In the TED Talk he talks about how every week is a circle and we must try to use it properly. In his blog though, things are different, he writes another blog post titled about How to Beat Procrastination — Wait But Why in which he gives detailed solutions on how to tackle procrastination. The thing I liked about this is that he gives not just the solution but tells you the problem areas that might affect you from reaching your goal. The illustrations are useful and fun. I have already put this strategy to get back in shape and let’s see how far I can go.

I request other CE members to check out the links about at least have a read so that they can help them and others.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm planning to print the instant gratification monkey on an A4 sized paper and stick it right on the wall so that it keeps reminding me of its existence.

...and I'll do that after watching a few awesome Thug Life videos on YouTube. Will be right back.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    This instant gratification monkey led me back to post on CrazyEngineers 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Remember the 2014 hit Sci-fi Film Interstellar? In the film, Cooper, a former NASA pilot was instructed by Dr Brand to head the Endurance spaceship to a wormhole in search...
I have completed my B.Tech\IT degree in 2012. I always wanted to become programmer and that is the reason I choose engineering after completing my diploma. I have also completed...
Mahindra recently launched the new Scorpio Adventure in India for a starting price of ₹ 13.07 Lakhs (ex-showroom, Mumbai). Based on the Mahindra Scorpio S10 variant, the SUV packs in...
ASUS's mega popular ZenFone series in India just got a new entrant with the launch of the company's revamped variant the 'ZB452KG' model ZenFone Go 4.5. The phone is special...
I'm an ardent follower of the Indian startup scene; and when the very well (read hyper) funded companies shut their shops; I do my own analysis of what went wrong....