TiECon 2013 Nagpur

The official website of the annual TIE Conference at Nagpur (TiECon 2013) is yet to go live, but from what I've been hearing is that the conference is scheduled in the month of March. It is expected that the chairman of TiE Global, Mr. Ashok Rao will be one of the speakers at the event. Of course, the details will soon be posted on the official website.

I'll keep this thread updated with the latest information as soon as it's made available. I hope the TieCon 2013 Nagpur will be just as exciting as the last year's conference [ Read: #-Link-Snipped-# . We hope to liveblog the whole event ( #-Link-Snipped-# ) .

Stay tuned!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The speaker lineup has been announced. I'll be there at the TieCON, Nagpur and would definitely like to hook up with CEans, let me know if you are attending it.

I might also do a liveblog of the event. Depends on Internet connectivity. Last time we had lot of problems.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I am at TieCon Nagpur. The keynote speech by TiE global president Mr.Ashok Rao is over. Speakers are talking about surviving in the turbulent times. Next speaker is the CEO of netCore technologies, speaking about his experiences in the united states during the boom area.
    20130316_110924
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Renowned author Rashmi Bansal is in the front row. Looking forward to her talk.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Logged in from my own phone. Clicking photos from mobile. Just had a coffee break. Looking forward to the next session. A panel talk with Pravin Gandhi, Mohit Dubey, Phanindra Sama and Saumil Majumdar. The topic is navigating your ship through thunderstorm. 1363415568906
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Post lunch session by Rashmi Bansal along with three dynamic entrepreneurs.

Speaking about their troubled times and how they survived.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Starting an industry in India is like diving in the deep sea, says Satya. Do you agree folks?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Spoke with Phanindra, CEO of RedBus over lunch. Also Spoke with Shashank Garg, CEO of InfoCepts. Always good to speak with people who make things work.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    One of the speakers says that women have to work double harder than men. People in the audience seem to agree. What say you folks?

PS: By the way we have wireless access. FTW!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Unfortunately this session is turning into men vs. Women as entrepreneurs. Why can't we just focus on the theme?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tea break is over. Next we have a panel discussion on topic 40000 ft view of successful entrepreneurship. Panelists are Mr. Ravi Kiran, and Vineet Rai. 1363432188185
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ravi Kiran has finalized an investment deal in Nagpur. Vineet Rai is sharing his story. He's sharing story of founding his venture capital.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mahesh Murthy's talk starts now. Looking forward to it.

Mahesh is on stage...

He's asked the back benchers to occupy front seats.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Life is like a sine wave, says Mahesh. An entrepreneurs journey is full of ups and down
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    amazing updates!
    meeting with phanindra, rashmi bansal, ravi kiran and mr. murthy!
    oh how I miss being present there!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mahesh's talk was awesome and mesmerising! He spoke about his experiences and answers questions asked by the audience. I hope the video of his speech will be available soon. Will post it as soon as I get access to it.

I met him and he remembered our Small Talk : Mahesh Murthy - Pin Drop Storm . Check it out folks - one of the best Small Talks we've ever published.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Starting an industry in India is like diving in the deep sea, says Satya. Do you agree folks?
    You may know the story of two man reporting about an island. The people in the island did not have any foot wear. One said "No scope of MARKET".
    The other just said " the Market is wide open"

๐Ÿ˜ฏ
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Liveblog will continue tomorrow at 9:45 AM tomorrow. I did the above 'limited' liveblog through my mobile, which isn't quite easy to do.

You will see a lot more updates tomorrow. Will look forward to your comments.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's day 2 of the TieCon Nagpur 2013. The audience is packed and looking forward to an exciting session. The opening videos and welcome speech is over.

20130317_101644
    Thats hoe it is now folks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's better when Entrepreneurs speak in their own language. It's better way to connect with the audience (provided they know the language). I wonder where our love for English is taking us. - That's my personal opinion thought.

Update:

TiE Nagpur has partnered with IMT Nagpur - one of the premier business schools in Nagpur. Alok Khandelwal, one of the panelists (on the extreme right) says entrepreneurial education is very important even for traditional businesses.

Looks like the event hosts have not yet introduced the session properly. People seem to be lost.

TiE Nagpur Incubation Center in association with Raisoni Group -

• 10 Companies will be incubated
    • Computers, telephone lines and Internet facilities available
    • Located on Kingsway, Sadar in Nagpur.
    Interested startups should get in touch asap. Looks like the incubation center is yet to get their first company. All the best folks!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Devendra Gupta of Ecozen solutions talking about their entrepreneurial journey. Ecozen is focusing on energy in agriculture. Says mentoring is important and has helped their company identify a niche.

The host asks why do IITans (Devendra is an IITan) require mentoring in startups? They are the best brains!

Devendra says IIT makes them good at engineering but not in business. Good point!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just a question to think about - do business schools prepare for startups? I think they don't; in fact, they can't. Debate?

Devendra answering how business plan competitions help startups - Says helped develop the product. Says every startup should participate in business plan competitions.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sameer Gautam, founder of RankJunction to talk about how TiE helped him with networking. RankJunction is India's first and biggest independent ranking platform.

Says that the students want to know where they stand in the competitive exams. There's a lack of a platform that brings students together and helps them identify where they stand in the competition.

Good going, Gautam! He's raised under a million dollars in funding from IAN's Ravi Kiran, Jay Chopde (Jay Chopde - It's All About Passion) and a Singapore based early stage investment firm.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We now have a comparison of qualities between an entrepreneur and a child like: Innovation, Risk taking, Inventing, Energy, Passion, Extrovert etc. TiE Nagpur has taken an initiative - Announcing TYECon - for younger ones between 12-16 year olds. 5th May 2013.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    MD Of Thermax, M.D. Unnikrishnan is the next speaker. His topic is leadership in turbulent times.

Mr. Unnikrishnan is speaking about the turbulence in businesses. Even the most robust missions in the world fail and there's a structural deficiency in the system.

We're now talking about American economy. It will take ages for Americans to pay the debt their country has. - A topic to study, folks!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I got introduced to Ravi Mantha - TiE Singapore Chairman and an investor. I asked how easy is it to move a business to Singapore - and he said it's pretty easy. Something worth considering, folks!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Next session is by Akshai Varde, founder of Vardenchi. Check out bikes designed by Akshai and his team -

silverhorse_big1_fullsledge_hammer_big1_full
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and one more for your viewing pleasures. ๐Ÿ˜

Mint_big_1_full
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Akshai promised to do an Interview with us for Small Talk. We'll do it pretty soon.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Satymev Jayate crew from Star TV speaking.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Persistent Systems took care of the analysis of the feedback from people on the show. Great job done guys!
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Next session is by Akshai Varde, founder of Vardenchi. Check out bikes designed by Akshai and his team -

silverhorse_big1_fullsledge_hammer_big1_full
    Beautiful customizations! Their chopper was even used in Oh My God! movie (just googled) ๐Ÿ˜

Seriously missed attending this year's event- amazing speaker list! Next year, maybe. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

13,19=>4 ....... 71,9=>10 then 128,32=>? .
Here are some things to keep in mind when making this decision: i. A Ph.D. is not for everyone! ii. A Ph.D requires 6 years on average. The opportunity cost...
hello buddies. i have a suspect in my mind whether i could have any career in robotics, being a computer science engineering student. if there are any possibilities , could...
Wordpress bloggers rejoice. The latest version of the most popular blogging software - WP 3.5, called ELVIN is now out. The latest version brings you a completely revamped Gallery and...
We've all been guilty of this at some point, no? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Works with Hotmail as well. And also people who use Internet Explorer. And also (now) Blackberry users... And also......