Three wheeled cars : a new idea

Auto rickshaws have one wheel in the front and two in the rear.

now here is a crazy idea :

how about a car with two wheels in the front and only one in the rear ? the car can be a front wheel drive. Is such an idea implementable ? what do you guys think ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Badal was there already with three wheels in 1975 or so. I have ridden in one. It had two doors and a single front wheel.

- Car Photo Gallery
    Here is one for sale:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Here is another:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    But what is the advantage of such a design, a car with three wheels means there is lesser stability, less braking power, less load carry capacity.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Less fuel, cheaper to run. Speed is limited. That is no issue in urban runs. Certainly not a high way long distance car. No luxuries either. A 'pedestrian' car. Seen its birth and demise. Worth resurrecting.
  • Gautami Shetty
    Gautami Shetty
    yea bt 2 wheels in front and 1 in back ain't that risky?
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    I too think that stability would be a problem. But can we solve it with making the car 2 seater with engine at back?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    sweet_honey
    I too think that stability would be a problem. But can we solve it with making the car 2 seater with engine at back?
    since this type would always be a front-wheel-drive, then it would be better to make it a trans-axle, instead of putting the engine at the back.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

E&TC or communications students looking for latest seminar topic may pick up '4K broadcasting technology'. The topic is quite latest - and is very interesting. Japan will soon become the...
Infrabel of Belgium owns the railway tracks and the amazing machines that lay tracks on the go. Amazing feat of mechanical engineering. An absorbing 5 minute video: https://dc132.file.qip.ru/flash/play.../aefc0a75_kak_kladut_relsi.html&sharing.code= (From Asif...
best institute for coaching in various entrance exams and abroad study. All in one institute, any one want to give exam for government jobs can get full inquiry and details...
This s a very basic doubt regarding turning moment diagram. I have 2 engines. One is single cylinder and other is multi cylinder. Both are of same power rating. Theoretically,...
Dear Crazyengineers, ​ First of all, Hello, And i am new in crazyengineers forum. So, I am here for need help from all of you seniors. Now on Topic, I...