Thoughts on CE messenger

Hi guys,

One of the first things that attracted my notice in CE is the CE messenger project. I followed all the (long) threads that sprouted around this idea at various times. And I think this is something that is totally do-able, provided we stay committed this time around ๐Ÿ˜€.

I did my mini project based on the idea of an instant messenger. (Which is shared #-Link-Snipped-# at CE) This got me interested in giving a try at the CE IM.

Anyhow, I would like to be enlightened on some basic details about the messenger concept. I hope someone who has previously worked on this project could provide me some answers:
* Are we planning a messenger where we login with the CE usernames and access the chat functionality?
* Or is the idea to use any alternative ID like the CE mail ID, or the network ID
* I'm still new to CE, but I seem to notice that the Network ID is used as a means of instant communication between members. Since this is based on the Google App Engine, I think it will be pretty straightforward to implement a CE messenger based on the network id.
* If above is not the case, I suppose we'll have to implement a chat server (as mentioned in similar threads), in which case I need to do a lot more extra learning ๐Ÿ˜€

Well, and that's it. I wish to continue with this idea and actually conclude it successfully ๐Ÿ˜€ It might take some time, but let's not give up the CE messenger forever!

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I would love to work on this. But I have no knowledge of chat servers.
    But still, I would love to be a part of the team and learn

Anyone joining?

PS: I am sure Goyal would.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I am all game for this

But since i have other commitments ,i am afraid whether i will be able to work on this or not

I think, first of all we need a team leader who can guide us
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @AKD ~
    I'll start looking into implementing a server and more; that's something I too doesn't have much idea about.

But I haven't received any feedback regarding using the network id for this. I think CEans are already using this ID in their gtalk for communicating with each other. Let me know! (BTW I received my network id from the admin ๐Ÿ˜€ )
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @goyal ~
    I think we need not rush about it. Let's take our time learning what is required, and planning.
    Too much discussions will only have a negative effect on the actual work done(I just made this up rigth now ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
    Anyways, we can move at our own pace. I too cannot guarantee a continuous work on the same.
    But keep in mind that, we Will make this happen ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sookie
    sookie
    Let's keep it aside and start something new, better and creative using "Android"? What say ? After all, mobile world now? It will be really fun working on mobiles.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    @ sookie ~
    Android? But I don't have an Android in the first place, and it'll be a while till I get hands on one ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Although it'd be nice, if we can get someone interested in it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi frnds... myself Sachleen doing diploma in Electronics and comm.engg. from Punjab.I m a fun loving person..My hobbies are painting,surfing,going out and meet old frnds..i have lot of frnds. I...
Hi, I have one suggestion about CE badges for blogs and websites. For now, we have the "Proud to be a Crazy Engineer" badge (and that's cool!). But what if...
hi friends, In the circuit diagram given in the link https://www.electronic-circuits-diagrams.com/lightsimages/10.gif can you tell me what VR1 and vr2 are?is it pot? how to connect them to the 6V supply?๐Ÿ˜•
I was searching for a way to design a simple synchronous rectifier with N-ch mosfets, to avoid the voltage drop of a diode bridge. I found some interesting ideas, a...
[FONT="]General Requirements of a Control System[/FONT] The primary requirement of a control system is that it be reasonably stable. In other words, its speed of response must be fairly fast,...