This is one of the best links ever shared in CE

#-Link-Snipped-#

Einstein's all papers in a single page. Value this link. It has given a new meaning to modern Physics. It also contains 1906 special issue of Annalen der Physik where Einstein had published three papers. I worship this single link for it gives me power to believe!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    +100, Superlike! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    are the papers in English? Is it only me that I see them to be in german??
    I have been looking for his thought experiments what he would cast against quantum supporters aka. Heisenberg and Neil's Bohr .
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    durga
    are the papers in English? Is it only me that I see them to be in german??
    I have been looking for his thought experiments what he would cast against quantum supporters aka. Heisenberg and Neil's Bohr .
    google chrome translated it into english for me awesome
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Einstein had carried out most of his works in Swiss Alps and Lately Berlin. Most of his works are in German. German along with Latin was standard scientific language around most of the times in 20th century begin.

Use Chrome to get them translated. Even if not you can just look at the formulation of hypothesis and you can tell what a Genius he was.

Now know this. He was a Government Clark Serving in German Patent Office when he completed those famous 1906 papers. What is more? Had had actually never completed his polytechnic degree and was essentially a college drop out. ( However later he was given the opportunity to complete his education to pursue a full time professorship).

Moral Of the Story: You got to be a college drop out to be great.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The best of the works in this world have been carried out by people in their own language. India's Rabindranath Tagore wrote his works in Bengali [and not in English].

Morale: Respect your own language.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Google trasnlate falied on my computer and on top of that
    He was not a college dropout. He stood 4 th in a class of 5 in the Zurich polytechnic college and 5th being his girlfriend.
    He was not given opportunity within the college roles ,this is because he his rebellious attitude towards authority. He famously threw the manual given by his chemistry lab teacher in a dustbin and went on to pursue his own way of performing the experiment.
    .. and he always want to be an academician . but his rebellious attitude brought him bad reputation , on top of that he was a Jew in Hitler ruled germany. Except few genuine Scientists like Planck, Bohr, Schrodinger, Heinsenberg, Born, Curie most of the people rejected his theories as Jewish belief.
    The most comic part being, he was given Nobel Prize for his theory photoelectric effect and NOT for Theory of relativity, so much so that - the committee thought its better not to give Nobel Prize at all than to give to Einstein for his theory of relativity. only after few nobel from scientic community supported, he was given Nobel Prize along with Bohr next year.

I wanted to understand how he percieved Quantum mechanics. Planck and Einstien were the people who laid foundation for Quantum computation, but both of them became aversive towards it die to its unpredictable nature . Einstien once famously quoted about Quantum Entaglement as " sppoky action at distance" and both himself and Schrodinger came up with all sort of though experiemnts like dead cat and gun powder to disprove Bhor's and Heinsenbergs theories about quantum.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Try this: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ianoop
    Try this: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks Anoop. But I seem to be getting " Translation failed due to server error"
    NEver mind.

The initial list is quite exhaustive with titles. ๐Ÿ˜ I will try getting the english version of papers.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    there are PDF versions and Google translate not working for it ๐Ÿ˜–
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    durga
    Google trasnlate falied on my computer and on top of that
    He was not a college dropout. He stood 4 th in a class of 5 in the Zurich polytechnic college and 5th being his girlfriend.
    HE stood 4th is misleading if you dont consider that there were only 5 graduates in his batch that year. Einstein managed to score 1 out of 6 in his previous year and his final standing was 4.91/6.

I say college drop out: In Zurich Polytechnic ETH, Physics graduates were granted proffesorship after graduation which was considered essential for any further academic progress. All his other four batch-mates managed that except him.

he percieved Quantum mechanics
    Quantum or light quanta was purely developed by Max plank during a conversation with his little Son, while explaining him about the properties of Light. To Be noted: Prior to Plank, light was considered as wave by half of the scientific society and rest believed that Light is composed of particles. He bridged the gap.

Einstein was working in Zurich when Max plank played a big role to get him to Berlin University. To be noted: Einstein had already denounced Germany and had taken Swiss Nationality back in 1896.

It was than when he was working on his special theory of relativity , he needed to define light properties. Quantum was the only bridge that was acceptable for him. By that time Ratherford in Britain had already proved the 'Quantum' through his experiment. It was that period when Einstein had to pursue Quantum physics.

It is to be noted: both Plank and Einstein were Theological Physicists. There work did not include any experiments, but mathematical and logical arguments.

Read Einstein The Life and Times, by Ronald W. Clark if you have not already read the book. This is by far the best Scientific Biography of the great man.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    A very nice link thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    YUP this is awesomeness defined in its fullness

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT A WEBSITE FROM THERE I CAN FIND OUT MOST OF THE BASIC AND SYSTEMS INFORMATIONS ALONGWITH TIPS AND TRICKS TO RECTIFY A FAULT. I...
what is CDMA ? what is its advantages compared to other?
So guys, which TV ad, made so far, do you think was the most creative, crazy , out-of-the-box, or any such thing, which made it unforgettable (even though the ad...
I presume that you all might've heard about SETI. For those who haven't, SETI stands for "Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence". It's an organisation consisting a group of scientists who...
I'm very new to programming(Yes,programming existed in my school days,but I ignored them a lot as I had the least interest then). But now, I find Programming very interesting and...