thirty five LM358 connect in parallel

Any have try before use an LM358 as a voltage follower/unity gain opamp to drive a 10ohm load? it is not working right? However, it seem that it will works if connected thirty five LM358 in parallel driving the 10ohm load, the output voltage can be adjust from the range of 0 to 10v. Any have done this experiment before kindly leave a comment or feedback because it is working but i have no idea will such connection spoil the IC or not.

Replies

• gemini061978
    gemini061978
    chuackl
    Any have try before use an LM358 as a voltage follower/unity gain opamp to drive a 10ohm load? it is not working right? However, it seem that it will works if connected thirty five LM358 in parallel driving the 10ohm load, the output voltage can be adjust from the range of 0 to 10v. Any have done this experiment before kindly leave a comment or feedback because it is working but i have no idea will such connection spoil the IC or not.
    ur experiment is eqvivalent to driving 1 LM358 with 350 Ohm load .. hence it should not be problem ...
  • chuackl
    chuackl
    i also found that this circuit is almost equivalent to a power opamp which can have an output of high current. However,the lm675 only can have a minimum output of 5v and usually depend on the load connected. On the other hand, all 35 the lm358 connected in parallel can have a minimum output of 70mv when use as a unity gain buffer compare to lm675T. Furthermore, when connected in parallel it can have a more stable output to lm675 when driving heavy load. Oh ya, i also forget to mention how i connected those opamp in parallel. You can try it by connecting all the inverting input to the output of the opamp and all the output connected to a load. the non-inerting input all connected to a potentiometer so that all will read the same voltage value. After that, try adjust the potentiometer and observe the maximum output when connected to a 10ohm load. Repeat the step by connecting more lm358 opamp in parallel
  • chuackl
    chuackl
    yeah what gemini reply are true also the more opamp connected in parallel the bigger the resistance as seen by the opamp😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey there guys. I need some help to understand the circuit attached and how it functions. This circuit is a zero-crossing detector and its output is connected to a microcontroller...
Dear CEans , I am working on a project for starting a manufacturing unit for production of reprocessed pvc pipes.I want help from senior engineers regarding following:- 1.From where can...
Give colleges autonomy, invite foreign universities A more effective university and college system, with focus on ways to make higher education more accessible, is the need of the hour, academicians...
Hi Big_k I am observing from last few days that , we have got 3 to 5 members online at night but I don’t know why they are not posting...
part of this is copy and paste from another post in a diffrent thread so if it looks simalar it is. hemp you know there is actually another fuel souce...