Thermodaynamic explanation of time

Now a days it is a very big question that "what is the time?". There are lot of explanations about the time.But no one assure about the perfect explanation of time.here let we see it thermodynamically.

What is the time?
According to the Piyush theory,time is just the change in energy of environment due to change in the position of external energy source sun.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The sun is just a speck in the whole universe. Its position is determined by its orbit in the milky way galaxy. How can this small star define time for the whole universe?

Some more explanation will help us to understand the theory better. Is there any paper on this?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is a good discussion topic, but it's the first time I'm reading about 'Piyush Theory'. #-Link-Snipped-# It would be great if you can explain the theory here.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    What exactly is this "piyush theory" ?

By the way thermodynamics deals with energy and heat. in what way can it be associated with time. ?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    bioramani
    The sun is just a speck in the whole universe. Its position is determined by its orbit in the milky way galaxy. How can this small star define time for the whole universe?

It may not define the time for the entire universe, but at least for the solar system, it may.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The Second is defined as:The second is the duration of 9 192 631 770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the cesium 133 atom.

#-Link-Snipped-#

This has nothing to do with solar system or anything else. Unless Ashish009 comes through with what Piyush theory is, we cannot go much further.
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    time is a whole different thing that could be explained by quantums .. but i guess for now it is just expressed as the units that may be required for the excitation of an atom from one state to another? if such was the case. why was cesium considered for it?
    or for a thermodynamic case.. can it be said that it is the change if entropy of a specific value in specific duration that excites the cesium atom. cuz rate of change of energy/disturbance= entropy. it always keeps increasing and hence time always keeps being positive. does that also mean that at 0K time would stop as entropy tends to reach 0.?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The hyperfine transition of the lone 6s electron outside the 54 electron symmetric core of Cesium-133 is extremely stable. The frequency is so stable as to give an accuracy of 1 sec in 1,400,000 years.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Amith Gupta
    Amith Gupta
    bioramani
    The hyperfine transition of the lone 6s electron outside the 54 electron symmetric core of Cesium-133 is extremely stable. The frequency is so stable as to give an accuracy of 1 sec in 1,400,000 years.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    ok. so that means the ppl chose cesium to be the duck for measuring duration or time. it could also be anything else right? but its jus that cesium has been standardized.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Amith Gupta
    ok. so that means the ppl chose cesium to be the duck for measuring duration or time. it could also be anything else right? but its jus that cesium has been standardized.
    Yes, in a sense. It has the necessary stability to test the theory of relativity even.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Amith Gupta
    Yeah true most electron vibrations are very stable and also periodic to great extent

We generally need only a single element to serve as an example and not more than one so we settled with Cesium.
  • the scientist
    the scientist
    a quite simple definition is------
    "time is what a clock reads"
    -------albert einstien
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    dear there is no perfect definition of time. it depends on you that where you want to use it like in astronomy, one light year- the time taken by the light to travel in one year is know as time., in dynamics- the time taken by the object to move a particular distance in a given period of time, that is time. And if you want to relate it with thermodynamics then in this case the time is- the time taken by the gas to completely remove from a system. Dear That's why Einstien said these words that "time is what a clock reads" because even at that time there is no perfect definition of time...
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Anku2993
    dear there is no perfect definition of time. it depends on you that where you want to use it like in astronomy, one light year- the time taken by the light to travel in one year is know as time., in dynamics- the time taken by the object to move a particular distance in a given period of time, that is time. And if you want to relate it with thermodynamics then in this case the time is- the time taken by the gas to completely remove from a system. Dear That's why Einstien said these words that "time is what a clock reads" because even at that time there is no perfect definition of time...
    There is been a mistake: Light Year defines distance (travelled by light in vaccum in 1 year) and not time, and definitions are never perfect, we just define what serves our purpose, and seems applicable in that particular situation.πŸ˜‰
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    rahul69
    There is been a mistake: Light Year defines distance (travelled by light in vaccum in 1 year) and not time, and definitions are never perfect, we just define what serves our purpose, and seems applicable in that particular situation.πŸ˜‰
    dear i know that light year is distance but i am saying that the time taken to travel that distance is TIME. And dear i also tried to make it clear from my previous reply that there is no perfect definition, so please read my previous reply carefully once again instead of replying like this, i hope u understand.πŸ˜€
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Anku2993
    dear i know that light year is distance but i am saying that the time taken to travel that distance is TIME. And dear i also tried to make it clear from my previous reply that there is no perfect definition, so please read my previous reply carefully once again instead of replying like this, i hope u understand.πŸ˜€
    U said "time taken to travel that distance is TIME.", as we know time taken in 1 light year is 1 year, so u declared 1 year as a standard to define time. See for yourself how ridiculous that sounds.
    The definition of second (which is taken as standard unit of time) is already given by Bioramani sir.
    So there is no point in arguing to create a new definition which is cruder than the one already existing.
    Hope u understand it now!
  • the scientist
    the scientist
    the definition of time given by albert einstien is perfect. no one can say that it is improper......... time is actually the occurence of events.....we are not here to discuss the units of time..... what will happen if i move at a speed comparable to speed of light...then second will become longer even may become comparable to a year......
    then basically what is that time is measurement of occurance of events. if no event occurs then there will be no time.... as also there was no time before the existance of universe....
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    rahul69
    U said "time taken to travel that distance is TIME.", as we know time taken in 1 light year is 1 year, so u declared 1 year as a standard to define time. See for yourself how ridiculous that sounds.
    dear have u find any line in my previous replies in which i say that one year is standard?? try to understand it, i simply said that, that time period to cover that distance is also time. i also compare time with thermodynamics and dynamics, then why u didn't ask anything for that?? similarly i said this by comparing with astronomy, so i hope that there is no problem in it. because we can able to compare it with any thing, like the time taken to write this reply is also time. And i already mention that there is no perfect definition of time . time is every where, even the our universe consists of time as said by Einstien that is space-time or 4- dimension system, 3 we all know x,y,z and the fourth is Time. so we can able to define time in any number of ways because there is no perfect definition. i hope u understand meπŸ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An update:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is there any materials engineer in here? it is possible to design a concrete mix up to 100Mpa cylindrical strength? if possible can you give me an idea how to...
Ah! Again the most anticipated game by Rockstar games. There are three lead protagonists in GTA V namely : Michael, Franklin & Trevor. Each character has Specific set of skills,...
Our member list showed members who've registered. I made a small tweak to it to sort it according to the latest activity. So now, the recently active members are now...
There are lots of questions which are repeated or related to previously asked questions . I would suggest that there a new feature can introduced: A list of already asked...
hello everyone.. myself Ashima Dhote..currently pursuing my B.Tech(2010-14) from Accurate Institute of Management & Technology,knowledge park,Greater noida,(U.P.) . As per my above mentioned batch of 2010-14, currently I'm in my...