There are three different sets of parallel lines. 5 in the first set, 6 in the second and 4 in the t

Feel free to solve ..

There are three different sets of parallel lines. 5 in the first set, 6 in the second and 4 in the third.
If no three lines intersect at one point, then how many triangles are formed? No two lines in any two different sets are parallel to each other.
a) 60
b) 120
c) 30
d) none of these

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The answer is 4 triangles. So I will go with option 'd' None of these.
  • Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    Three parallel lines ,one from each set put together make a triangle, So the total number of triangles is

5*6*4 = 120
  • andyKane
    andyKane
    This is unfair. The parallel lines are similar and shouldn't be distinguished separately! All the parallel lines in one set are identical. SO you can't do 5*6*4 !!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are 3 blue balls, 5 red balls and 4 black balls. The balls of same colour cannot be distinguished from each other, how many different selections can be made...
Roof is covering the upper part of building. It protects the building and its contents against the effect of the weather. There are different types of roofs gable, hipped, mansard,...
There is a thread about Foundation which is very important for us civil engineers. Beams is also important in building construction. I don't have much more idea about beams so...
We've seen it recently. The governments have a Internet Switch which they can turn on or off according to their will. Especially in emergency time, government can take control of...
Red Quanta is Mumbai, India based startup that is trying out mystry shopping in India. I'm new to the concept and found out following information about mystry shopping from RQ's...