The voltage waveform of a capacitor?

Say a capacitor is placed parallel in the middle of a cicuit with a switch at one end. The switch can be switched to connect to the first circuit on the left or to the second circuit on the right. How would the waveform be if the capacitor is connected to first circuit for a few seconds and suddenly switched to connect to second circuit?

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    It would still be an exponential charge or discharge depending on whether the final voltage at the 2nd circuit is respectively higher or lower than the capacitor voltage at the instant it is switched to the second circuit.

- Karthik
    😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I’m looking for some support to complete a private invention. I have attached the link with all the details. I have searched from some help locally (Switzerland) but didn’t find...
Our state(A.P,India) C.M. is missing Earlier today about 10:13AM the flight he was travelling lost communication with radar and he was lost in Forest. Looks like a movie story but...
I am new to red5 and have a very basic question. I tried some example applications given but there java code for red5 applications is very small as compared to...
i m doing project of crimping machine.and i need crimping standards usefull for the machine.anybody can tell this?
Hello friends.. please can you tell me the procedure to publish papers ?? i am computer science student. whom i should contact ??Is there some central agency to whom we...