CrazyEngineers
  • We used to have a dedicated section for books, but we decided to merge it with the Chit-Chat section because of inactivity. Now that we are bigger I see a lot of members who are interested in books, magazines, novels etc. This thread is dedicated to discussions / recommendations on books, magazines, novels and other reading material. Go ahead and share what you've been reading and recommend to others. 👍
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberAug 30, 2012

I am fan of fantasy books, and yeah, The fantasy book that I am going to recommend is a lot better than new-school fantasies like Harry potter & Twilight.
    It's "THE HOBBIT".
    This book a prelude of Lord Of The Rings series, A book full of Adventure,Failure, Victory,Fun, Sarcasm, Old-school English, Elvish Language, Curse, Dwarves, Dragons, Treasures & TROLLS 😉

If you're fan of fantasy books, go read The Hobbits & Lord Of The Rings Series (It's alot different than what you saw in movie .. movie has very rare original contents), You're missing a Big thing.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 30, 2012

I've recommend a book almost a 1000 times here on CE but it won't stop me from recommending it for the 1001th time; and that is 'Screw It! Let's Do It!' by Sir Richard Branson. I absolutely love that book.

The second book I want to recommend it 'iWoz' by Apple Co-Founder; Steve Wozniak ( you can even read our #-Link-Snipped-# ). I've recommended that book to almost everyone who's genuinely interested in engineering. People should know that it was Mr. Wozniak who created the actual Apple computers (Apple I, Apple II and so on).

Those who love short stories may read "No Comebacks" and "Twist In The Tale" - both super-cool books. Those who're interested in lawyer stuff may check outEarl Stanley Gardner's "Perry Mason" series; each book takes just few hours but will surely leave you wanting for more action.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberAug 30, 2012

:bump:

CEans, do you suffer from procrastination ?
    1st day of college/Work, you think of doing everything/work regular, When you sit on desk; you think "still lot time left for exam/project submission, I'll do it later".
    This happens until one week or maybe 3 days are left of exam & submission and you're totally screwed ! isn't it ?

Then, Read : Eat That Frog, by Brian Tracy.

After reading it, you'll understand value of time & how to give priority to work.
    This 120 page book has changed my attitude towards work/studies, it might help you too.
    Cancel
  • Pensu

MemberAug 30, 2012

If you are a fantasy lover, try "A song of Ice and Fire" series by George R. R. Martin. There are seven books, out of which 5 have been published. The fiction he has filled in those books is awesome. I am on 3rd book and its seriously amazing.
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberSep 5, 2012

but no fantasy lover in real world can keep his mouth shut on seeing a copy of sherlock holmes
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register