The secondary functions of the vacuum cleaner.

Nowadays most of the vacuum cleaners , have two ports in them, one is the suction port and the other the blower.

their working principle is similar to that of compressors and fans.

but are these things designed in a way, so that they can be doubled as air compressors

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Vacuum cleaners are essentially fan blowers. Their static pressure is limited. They are meant for large volume displacement. Actually some of the accessories given with them are for spraying/misting water or dispensing liquid fertilizers.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    bioramani
    Vacuum cleaners are essentially fan blowers. Their static pressure is limited. They are meant for large volume displacement. Actually some of the accessories given with them are for spraying/misting water or dispensing liquid fertilizers.
    Yeah another application is aromising a room using a perfumed cloth with a diffuser attachment.

Now i was wondering whether this can be used for inflating, cycle tyres ? possible ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zaveri
    Yeah another application is aromising a room using a perfumed cloth with a diffuser attachment.

Now i was wondering whether this can be used for inflating, cycle tyres ? possible ?
    Cycle tyres need almost 2bar pressure. This will be way below that.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm going to apply for the jobs and looking forward to resume templates. Can anyone suggest the best resume format for resume?
What is the abbreviation of AD in ncc?
First i want to introduce myself ,Im sanchit and m also a crazy engineer ,Computer programming is my area of Interest ,i have started a project which im going accomplish...
Hi Everyone, Is there any method to start the random PSD analysis using output files of MODAL(Vibration) analysis so that the run time reduces? The software used is ANSYS 12.1....
I found the following image on the Internet and got several thoughts in my mind. So here's a simple game for all of you - What's the thought that comes...