The scary Google Dot !

Okay,

Here's something very (very) interesting. There's a dot in my Gmail that's been scaring me since morning 😭.

Here it is -

[​IMG]

The above screenshot has been taken while Gmail was loaded using FireFox 3 browser. I guess its there in IE7 too.

So, what's going on in that dot? Probably a tiny camera that's keeping watch on me while I'm in front of my computer? Is that how Google's going to tell me about stuff I'm trying to find out? πŸ˜’

Come on fellas, what is that dot doing there?

Replies

• kedarjk
    kedarjk
    Hahahahhahaha...
    I'm using IE7 and I'm not seeing it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Strange. I checked it on IE7 too. Its not there!

But Firefox continues to show the ugly, scary dot.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'm not too sure myself. I've noticed that dot since last week, and always assumed it was an ajax thing πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    I'm not too sure myself. I've noticed that dot since last week, and always assumed it was an ajax thing πŸ˜›
    You surely don't know what AJAX is 😁 .

[*Time to write a tutorial*]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, it could be anything. You could certainly code something in ajax to produce that dot, you know πŸ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Biggie, here's some clues:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

It seems to be some iframe/CSS thingy to hold a "sound" object. The frame is given a zero size, so you get that box.

... I was close! Sorta πŸ˜›
  • gohm
    gohm
    Looks like Microsoft is spying on users of other operating systems in hopes of blackmailing them back to MS?

only kidding MS! (sort of πŸ˜€)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Blackmailing? πŸ˜›

"Mr Netzel, we see you have fetish for ordering.. *checks* Nail Polish and Lipstick? If you do not use our excellent MS products, we shall inform your wife.. *evil laugh*"
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    ash
    Blackmailing? πŸ˜›

"Mr Netzel, we see you have fetish for ordering.. *checks* Nail Polish and Lipstick? If you do not use our excellent MS products, we shall inform your wife.. *evil laugh*"
    LMAO. . .!!!
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I love Opera!
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    MaRo
    I love Opera!
    Huh? That was random.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I mean #-Link-Snipped-# πŸ˜€
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Maro is an opera fan and won't even hear about IE, firefox or any other browsser available.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    I don't like IE. . . it's too slow. I only use mozilla. It's like 5 times faster and not virus prone like IE is. . .
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Hey enthusiastic guys... Its not a debate on browsers ... we were discussing back dot on IE 7 for gmail.

So better to stick to the topic in thread

-Crazy
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    crazyboy
    Hey enthusiastic guys... Its not a debate on browsers ... we were discussing back dot on IE 7 for gmail.

So better to stick to the topic in thread

-Crazy
    Sorry. . . I tend to throw my opinion in everything I say.
    I have no idea what the black dot/square could be. I think it's the government. . .
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    HELLO guys!!!..how about linux....use linux for accessing gmail

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, How zener diode suppress overshoots? Thanks subbu
Hi am using one transformerless power supply in which capacitor reractance is used to decrease the mains voltage and zener(10 volt 2 watt) as regualator its about10 volt and load...
Hi CEans, I've been thinking about how aliens talk, if we got nice visit from some aliens how would we communicate, what common language we can both understand. I know...
HI,friends please tell me the proper definiton and formulas for electrical parameters.......
friends, please give me the short view about pic controllerπŸ˜’