The Rush for MBA is really a rush for big money

The Rush for MBA is really a rush for big money. I am at a stage where I have to decide what will be my post graduation be in. Please Share your views on this topic ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *pushkar*
    Please Share your views on this topic ๐Ÿ˜
    The MBAs from renowned institutes are always in demand and are offered huge salaries. Yes, it's a rush for big money and status.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i think its not apply for all
    some may join in interest
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Only main reason is: Status, which gives us the money and POWER! You forgot that! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    it is not necessarily about power or money alone ๐Ÿ˜

there can be passion involved too... if anyone wants to start a business they feel more secured if they have an MBA degree... i accept there have been people who rose in entrepreneurship with out a degree... but that is not the scenario always. if you were able to do so with out a MBA, good! you are super-talented ๐Ÿ˜€

that sense of wanting to run their own show propels so many people into Bschools. if you actuall notice the trends in top B schools so many don't even sit for placements, The so called power, money, prestige is not what they are after. being the boss of their own life is what they desire...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We have quite a few threads on debate on the issue of MBA :

Check these too:

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    AbraKaDabra
    We have quite a few threads on debate on the issue of MBA :

Check these too:

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Wow, good links. Checked them out... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Everyone will have their opinion and there will always be people who'll opt for MBA or any post-graduation studies just out of interest. But when we talk about the masses - it's the rush for big money. Ask any of your friends why they are studying for PG entrance exams [ or for that matter, even ask them why they entered engineering ].
    Now, which is better? MBA immediately after bachelors or after two years of work experience?

I took the latter, will say the reason behind it, before that I want your views, on which one is better.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are several threads in higher education section where this has been answered multiple times. It's always better to go for PG once you've at least some experience in the corporate world.
    The_Big_K
    There are several threads in higher education section where this has been answered multiple times. It's always better to go for PG once you've at least some experience in the corporate world.
    Thank god I took the right decision. Yeah, but since this thread concerned about this particular topic, I just added it... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

INTECHXICATION: Experience Maharashtra's biggest ever ethical hacking workshop conducted in Intechxication 2011 under collaboration with AISSEC , IIT Kharagpur and Kyrion Digital Securities in 13th,14th and 15th of March. Get...
Company Name : MITSOL - Data Solutions (Welcome to MitSol Data Solutions - Data Redefined - Powered by CO.CC) Skill Set & Experience Needed : MCA Freshers Category of Job...
Hey friends EngineersGarage is conducting Training Camp on Embedded Systems for 45days. Check out for more details.
how about creating a separate section for skill development because we need skills like employment skills,soft skills etc........, we can post many advices for the students as we had experts...
Guys how about celebrating CE global warming day dedicated to our environment On this day ,we will do something for our environment ,may be by going through public vehicles instead...