The role of traffic congestion on health and environment.

Most of the Indian cities have major traffic congestions. This is in addition to the lax emission control measures with offending commercial vehicles dumping huge SPM and chemical pollutants into the air. Upper respiratory tract infection and infant mortality traceable to poor air quality are on the rise. There is one research paper attributing increased male infertility in Bangalore to increased SPM over the last few decades.

UK has set up a new initiative to tackle this problem in Europe using Space Technology.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Should not India get set up their own act?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I agree that Indian cities have major traffic congestion. But no one can forget that it's because of the European, Japanese cars that run on Indian roads. If UK researchers really care about pollution and its effects; they should first stop selling low grade technology products to Indians. Indians, at the same time, should stop consuming poor technology products.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: This week at International CES 2012, Toshiba will be demonstrating the latest additions to its lineup of flash memory offerings – the TransMemory-EX TM series of USB flash memory...
Android, to the best of my knowledge is based on unix (correct me please) and unix through its design makes it difficult for the viruses to be written for the...
I see that the television is full of misleading advertisements. The advertisements are meant to first make people insecure and then offer a solution through a product. I thought of...
During my days of working as a software engineer when I was a new entrant in the corporate world, I'd often question why Indian software engineers do low-quality work than...
Adsense publishers rejoice. Google has officially launched what's called 'Adsense Publisher Toolbar' (is not a toolbar actually, just a button) that will sit next to the omnibox on your Google...