The programming language that earns you the most money

So I was wondering why What is the reason C and C++ continue to be relevant? continue to be very relevant in the modern world. I found the reason that not only C and C++ are "THE" languages to master; but they will earn you the most money in your career as a programmer! Found the answer while reading few discussions on Quora. So to summarise:-
  • JVM was coded in ANSI C
  • Linux is all C + Assembly
  • Python's base is C
  • OSX -> again C
  • Windows OS: C & C++
  • Oracle DB: C / C++
  • Cisco routers: C
Basically, everything that's established the modern world of computing has the base in C or C++. So, if you can master C and C++ as your base in programming; you should be able to make a LOT of money as a programmer. Because you'll find it easier to master new languages and tools.

Do you agree?

Replies

• Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Even someone wants to create program to run a hardwares connected to microprocessor or micro controller, the program is written in these languages!!
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    C/C++ are also having syntax similarities to many popular languages eg. Java (perhaps because those were born out of C/C++), also C/C++ have variety of uses: ranging from system softwares to High End GUI applications and even Games, so C/C++ are never out of fashion, hence all hail Dennis Ritchie! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I agree 100%. It took me 1 month to master in c and ds, for java it took merely a week ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    rahul69
    all hail Dennis Ritchie! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›
    And they say 'Steve Jobs' changed the face of modern computing. My ass!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    And they say 'Steve Jobs' changed the face of modern computing. My ass!
    Why not? He played a big role in shifting the focus to mobiles and tablets from desktops and laptops. In early 2000s majority of the people used PCs to store videos, photos and songs; now all of that happens on mobiles. You'll have to agree that he played a big role in popularising the mobiles with touch-screens among the common people.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why not? He played a big role in shifting the focus to mobiles and tablets from desktops and laptops. In early 2000s majority of the people used PCs to store videos, photos and songs; now all of that happens on mobiles. You'll have to agree that he played a big role in popularising the mobiles with touch-screens among the common people.
    Marketing != Creating.
    I am talking pure technical side here. No C -> No FBSD -> No OS X, end of story.

BTW Marketing can do nasty things. Like most of us use Colgate, that doesn't mean Colgate was first to develop toothpastes.
    Also Toothpastes, make-up, etc. are shitty things that has become part of daily lives just because of mere "marketing". "Use Colgate & get white teeth, because it has salt in it" haha. "Use cream & get fairer" - Hi handsome hi handsome! lawl.
    Okay I am out, this is bit off-topic.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    For me it's Embedded C ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I agree 100%. It took me 1 month to master in c and ds, for java it took merely a week ๐Ÿ˜€
    Bhai !! as much i know no one can take on C in just one month.
    what magic do you did brother.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Ankit Litoriya
    He fused the brain of Sir Dennis Ritchie with his. Voodoo you know ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    Abhishek Rawal
    He fused the brain of Sir Dennis Ritchie with his. Voodoo you know ๐Ÿ˜‰
    ROFL Bro ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Ankit Litoriya

One month daily 15 to 17 hours , i think is enough ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One month daily 15 to 17 hours , i think is enough ๐Ÿ˜€
    Really appreciable
    I too used to that (not 15 or 17 yeah but i have manged about nearby 12 hours daily ) but what i get in return is theoretical knowledge only. which is not real c by this you can understand or say debug ones code but practical c and building logic is totally different i found.

Recursion is itself a topic needs at-least one month to be moderately skilled.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, I have a requirement to display the pdf file in swing JPanel and restrict the user to save this pdf. I am having pdf in byte[] format. Anyone...
All the CrazyEngineers members are being advised (and requested) to wash and iron their respective CrazyEngineers T-Shirts. We've been getting reports that several (almost all?) of the owners of the...
We've decided to offer the CrazyEngineers T-Shirt at the craziest, lowest price [Rs. 340, includes all taxes and shipping as well!]. Use the following discount coupon when you place your...
Skype has announced the availability of the Beta version of its new Skype for Web service that will allow its users to conduct Skype conversations over web browsers such as...