The Mumbai Pune Expressway or Yashwantrao Chavan Mumbai Pune Expressway

The Mumbai Pune Expressway or Yashwantrao Chavan Mumbai Pune Expresswayโ€‹

[โ€‹IMG]โ€‹
  • It is India's first six-lane concrete, high-speed, access controlled tolled expressway.
  • It spans a distance of 93 km connecting Mumbai, the administrative capital of Maharashtra and the financial capital of India, with Pune, an industrial and educational hub.
  • This expressway introduced new levels of speed and safety in automobile transportation to Indian roads.
  • The expressway has reduced the travel time between the cities of Mumbai and Pune to approximately two hours.
  • The expressway starts at Kalamboli (near Panvel) and ends at Dehu Rd. (near Pune).
  • It cleaves through the scenic Sahyadri mountain ranges via passes and tunnels.
  • Separate tunnels for traffic in each direction.
  • Complete fencing to avoid humans/animals crossing the expressway.
  • No two wheelers, three wheelers and tractor vehicles allowed.
  • Provision of Petrol pumps / motels / workshops / Toilets / Emergency Phones and Breakdown Vans etc.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why was this thread not created in #-Link-Snipped-# section?

Thread moved.

Avoid copy - pasting.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Why was this thread not created in #-Link-Snipped-# section?

Thread moved.

Avoid copy - pasting.
    Didn't copy paste... Got as a message!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Didn't copy paste... Got as a message!
    It's still a copy-paste from Wikipedia: Mumbai Pune Expressway.
    The_Big_K
    It's still a copy-paste from Wikipedia: Mumbai Pune Expressway.
    Oh Noes! Will check for plagiarism and then do... ๐Ÿ˜€ Thankz... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    ya, have been through this express highway many times....... awesome landscapes in between.
    lovejeet
    ya, have been through this express highway many times....... awesome landscapes in between.
    Nice... Share some videos if possible! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    not of the express highway, but have the pics of khandala (lonawala), which is again a beautiful place to visit. i remember the public toilets at the express highway. these are just a simple issues, and a nice thing to implement though. The steep roads in between, and the blind turnings thrills during the journey.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have travelled on that road a couple of times too. It is indeed a great experience and due to this expressway the time taken for travel between Mumbai and Pune has been reduced ๐Ÿ˜€
    I wish all the roads/highways are made six-lane or eight-lane. Driving won't be stressful if this is implemented.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do cement roads cause more harm to tires than regular tar-roads?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Nope... If you ask me I think the quality of the present day tar roads would only harm the tires ๐Ÿ˜‰ the roughness of the concrete road (not cement ๐Ÿ˜€ ) is perfectly all right ๐Ÿ˜€ it'll provide the necessary friction for the tires. It would not reduce the life of tire ๐Ÿ˜€
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Nope... If you ask me I think the quality of the present day tar roads would only harm the tires ๐Ÿ˜‰ the roughness of the concrete road (not cement ๐Ÿ˜€ ) is perfectly all right ๐Ÿ˜€ it'll provide the necessary friction for the tires. It would not reduce the life of tire ๐Ÿ˜€
    What's the difference between a concrete road and a cement road? Both are same na?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Praveen-Kumar
    What's the difference between a concrete road and a cement road? Both are same na?
    Cement is just the material. Cement concrete includes cement+aggregate+sand+water. and to lay roads we use cement concrete roads. roads cannot be laid using just cement ๐Ÿ˜€ You get it? ๐Ÿ˜€
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Cement is just the material. Cement concrete includes cement+aggregate+sand+water. and to lay roads we use cement concrete roads. roads cannot be laid using just cement ๐Ÿ˜€ You get it? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Kinda... Got it... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm having some problem on a program i create. the purpose of this program is to identify what type of conic using discriminant. f B2 โˆ’ 4AC < 0, the...
CEans, Over the past 6+ years, CrazyEngineers has built its reputation as a leading community of engineers. CrazyEngineers has been built by several engineers like you who've contributed amazing, original...
Hackers in China are selling flash drives with less memory than they advertise. The problem is that the hackers change a log file that makes the flash drive think it...
Hello to everyone!I would like an opinion about a future Msc and I couldn't find a relative sub-forum, so I apologize if it is out of topic with the rest...
hey guyz....im EE engineer.. i have been wondering wer exactly i can work as i dont really understand the applications of the following subjects....i like control systems,signals and systems,DSP .....need...