The lowly cloth diaper May not be all that green

A folded cotton reusable fabric used to be common as a diaper in India before the aggressively marketed disposables. Washington Post published an article that shows that the reusable may have higher carbon foot print than the disposable.
This may need some further investigation as I feel that a reusable diaper that is not machine laundered may still have an edge. Machine washing (and drying) in India is not common , at least in most places.
Some of the technical evaluations that leave out culture differences may lead to wrong conclusions.
What is the CEans take on this?
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NASA's heartbeat detection technology has helped save several lives after the recent earthquake in Nepal. The technology developed by the department of homeland security is aptly called FINDER - an...
So, I was browsing the web and found that people are getting really interested in being creative with a play of words. Twitter is currently the hot bed of Three-word-stories....
Hello all, Are you aware of any colleges or universities, who ask for their students to undergo 6 months internship in their 7th / 5th Semester during the July-Dec cycle...
Most underwater bots in existence need a lot of spoon feeding i.e. an engineer developing them has to program every script and command required to launch and carry out a...
Audi’s one of most loved model- RS7 has got a facelift for Indian consumers. The company has recently launched 2015 model of Audi RS7 Sportback in Mumbai. Audi introduced RS7...