The jetpack is here.

After a long wait and few trial runs last year, the Jetpack has finally arrived on the scene. It was tested for the US army yesterday and successful it was! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Check the video here Jet-Pack man!!! - YouTube
[youtube]2gcurwcPs3U[/youtube]

The jetpack is actually a machine that can allow you (yes you as an individual) to fly in the air. It takes off vertically and is said to let you fly horizontally at approximately 50miles per hour (good 80kmph! whoa)๐Ÿ˜ The first glimpse of Jetpack was shown in the movie Spiderman II.

Guys I'm really excited and I need your views on this. They say it might be launched for commercial operations too. Well I'm not sure how good or bad it is, but it sure isn't safe.

Your take!

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    What if one goes above above and above and goes out of gravitational field of earth ? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Oh well this will not happen. Don't confuse the speed here, it helps a man to travel horizontally. Although I'm not sure how high he can fly up.
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    Differential
    What if one goes above above and above and goes out of gravitational field of earth ? ๐Ÿ˜›
    ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜› M pretty Sure that 80 kmph is not the escape velocity..
    That thing will pretty much stay near the ground.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    True. By the way its still got a maximum height limitation which I'm not able to figure out.
  • technospartan
    technospartan
    gauravs right about gravity
  • gohm
    gohm
    These have been around since the 1960s (used in James Bond movies). One company left still flying them, these guys, at events and such. hydrogen peroxide fuel with very short flight times (if memory serves me right about 30 seconds). I believe invented by bell lab. Far from practical for civilian or military use, though I bet a lot of fun. Easy twist throttle style controls on each arm as well as raising/lowering the arm assembly for control. Would not be difficult to make although not sure if anyone is currently building them since the old unit is still the main one flying today. I also do not think it will catch on in its current form since it hasn't developed since the 60s and is reduced to a novelty item. Wish I had one!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi! friends.i am final year mech engg now. i want to do project on camless engines. Is it practically feasible? please help me in this regard. please help me.....
im arti mishra.i want to do some project in VB.NET and also want to use some sort of hardware.plz suggest me some topic for my final year project in VB.NET...
Good Evening, Hello everyone i am Nikhil Khattar and i have joined all of u today. It seems quite a helping and cooperating group and i am happy to be...
Hello Friends, I am a student of Computer Engineering.I am studying in 5th sem. In this semester i am supposed to give a seminar on a CE topic please suggest...
Can any one clearly explain me some facts about SMS 1)What is the key factor or the technology behind the SMS ??? 2)I also puzzled how some web sites where...